- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 677 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 157.34 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 1.72 g
- Fiber Content: 28.7 g
- Protein Content: 18.41 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.708 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2400 mg
- Sugar Content: 72.47 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0 g
Vinegar onion and sirke wale pyaaz is an excellent accompaniment to the north Indian meal. These tangy baby onions dipped in vinegar takes your meal to the next level. During your visit to the restaurant, you have enjoyed a vinegar onion pickle, which is delicious. You can make the same tasty onion pickle easily at home. Once it’s ready, you can store it for 10-15 days and enjoy it with your favourite meal. You can serve this vinegar onion with Punjabi dishes like Matar Paneer, chana masala, chicken curry, etc.
Ingredients of Vinegar Onion Recipe
- Baby onions - 15
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Water - 1/4 Cup
- Vinegar - 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Green Chili - 1
- Beetroot - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Vinegar Onion
Step 1: Peel onions and wash them under water.
Step 2: Now, in a bowl, add sugar, salt, vinegar and required water to it and mix them well.
Step 3: Then add onion, green chilli, and beetroot into the bowl and mix them well.
Step 4: Now, in a glass bottle add this mixture. Ensure that the water-vinegar mixture covers the onions thoroughly.
Step 5: Now place this bottle into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Step 6: Then remove it from the vinegar-water mixture and add it into the normal glass bottle and store it.
Step 7: Serve it with lunch or dinner.
- Ensure you have selected small onions to make the pickle, if not then you can also use onion slices. But sliced onions can easily soften with time while whole onions stay hard for a long time.
- Always take a glass or ceramic bowl to use Vinegar, as it may react with other metal vessels and it spoils the food.
- If you are using sliced onions to make this pickle, then store it for 30-40 minutes into the refrigerator then you can store it without vinegar water.