- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 7417 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 263.59 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 698.95 g
- Fiber Content: 27.8 g
- Protein Content: 50.86 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 74.344 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 4989 mg
- Sugar Content: 33.57 g
- Trans Fat Content: 176.769 g
Tuvar Lilva Kachori
Kachori is one of a spicy Indian snack which is available in every corner of India and also a popular snack dish of Gujarat. A season like winter and monsoon it is available in almost every part of Gujarat. It can be preferred as a breakfast or as a party snack. You can make kachoris with the mixture of green tuvar dal and spices in it.
Tuvar lilva kachori is Gujarat's famous snacks which people enjoy during the winter season. It is made with stuffed tuvar, coconut, coriander leaves, garam masala along with other Indian spices. Here is the step by step recipe to make tuvar lilva kachori at home. Enjoy!!
Ingredients of Tuvar Lilva Kachori Recipe
- Refined flour - 1 ½ Cups
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Water - 1 Cup
- For Stuffing:
- Fresh tuvar - 2 Cup
- Cumin seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Sesame seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Asafoetida (hing) - ½ Teaspoon
- Green chili paste - 2 Tablespoons
- Ginger paste - 2 Tablespoons
- Turmeric powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Garam masala - 1 Tablespoon
- Grated coconut - ½ Cup
- Finely chopped coriander leaves - ¼ Cup
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar - 2 Tablespoons
- Lemon juice - 2 Tablespoons
- Raisins - 2 Tablespoons
- Chopped cashews - 2 Tablespoons
- Oil for deep frying - 3 Cups
How to Make Tuvar Lilva Kachori
Step 1: To make the dough, add refined flour in a bowl then salt and oil to it. Mix it well and use water to knead the smooth and soft dough.
Step 2: Keep this dough aside for 15-20 minutes.
Step 3: To make stuffing, crush the fresh tuvar dal in a blender.
Step 4: Now, heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
Step 5: Then add sesame seeds and after few seconds add asafoetida, green chili paste, ginger paste, crushed fresh tuvar dal, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and garam masala, then mix it well and cook it for 10 minutes on MEDIUM flame.
Step 6: Now, add grated coconut, salt, sugar, lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves, raisin, and chopped cashews. Mix them well and cook it again for 5 minutes.
Step 7: To make kachori, roll the dough in a circle and put the stuffing in the center then cover it and make small round balls.
Step 8: Now, heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the balls on MEDIUM flame until it turns golden.
Step 9: Serve this delicious and spicy kachori with green chutney.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Maida (refined flour) – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Pigeon peas – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Sesame seeds – Check Price
- Ginger paste – Check Price
- Cumin powder – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Shredded coconut – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Sugar – Check Price
- Lemon juice – Check Price
- Raisins – Check Price
- Cashew nuts – Check Price