- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 1886 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 328.1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 18 mg
- Fat Content: 44.15 g
- Fiber Content: 22.9 g
- Protein Content: 48.44 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8.516 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 7495 mg
- Sugar Content: 26.86 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.146 g
Mumbai Special Tomato Pulao, Popular mumbaiya style rice preparation. In this recipe, the main ingredients are tomatoes and rice. This is a very healthy yet delicious rice recipe with the tangy flavor of tomatoes. This tomato rice is not only delicious and flavorful, but also it is easy to make.
This tomato rice dish is my favorite as in my brunch. I like this rice with plain yogurt or with masala chaas. But I usually prefer to have it with plain yogurt. It would be good for the kid’s lunch box too. If you are making for kids, you have to just chilies.
For making Mumbai special tomato rice, I have used veggies and regular spices with the addition of bhaji-pav masala powder. This will give the touch of spiciness along with tanginess. Enjoy!
Ingredients of Tomato Pulao Recipe
- Cooked basmati rice - 2 Cups
- Chopped onion - 1
- Ginger-garlic paste - 2 Teaspoons
- Chopped tomato - 3
- Chopped capsicum - 1
- Diced cottage cheese - ½ Cup
- Fresh green peas - ½ Cup
- Green chillies - 2
- Tomato ketchup - ¼ Cup
- Red chilli powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Bhaji-pav masala - 2 Teaspoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Coriander leaves for garnishing - 2 Tablespoons
How to Make Tomato Pulao
Step 1: Heat oil in a pan and add ginger-garlic paste, sauté it for 10 seconds and add chopped onion and sauté it till tender.
Step 2: Then add tomatoes and dry spices and sauté for 3-4 minutes over MEDIUM heat.
Step 3: After that, add the capsicum, green chilies, green peas, salt, and cook again for about 5 minutes.
Step 4: Add diced cottage cheese and stir fry very lightly then add a cup of water and let all the vegetables cook for 3-4 minutes over MEDIUM heat.
Step 5: At last, add cooked rice and adjust seasoning and finally garnish it with coriander leaves.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Basmati rice – Check Price
- Ginger garlic paste – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Green Bell Pepper – Check Price
- Cottage cheese (paneer) – Check Price
- Tomato ketchup – Check Price
- Green peas – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Pav bhaji masala – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price