- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Serving: 12 People
- Calories: 5714 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 865.09 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1704 mg
- Fat Content: 201.9 g
- Fiber Content: 16.1 g
- Protein Content: 117.73 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 114.601 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 5694 mg
- Sugar Content: 545.59 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.093 g
Strawberry Layer Cake
Strawberry layer cake is full of the taste of strawberry with butter, cream, and other ingredients. This cake is full of moist, and it’s a very spongy and loaded with strawberries. Let's learn to prepare a delicious strawberry cake recipe.
Ingredients of Strawberry Layer Cake Recipe
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Eggs - 2
- Egg whites - 2
- Butter - ½ Cup
- Baking powder - 2 Teaspoons
- All-purpose flour - 3 Cups
- Sliced strawberries - 2 Cups
- Powdered sugar - 2 Cups
- Cooking spray
- Red food coloring - ¼ Teaspoon
- Low-fat buttermilk - 1 Cup
- For Frosting
- Powdered sugar - 3 Cups
- Butter - 1/3 Cup
- Low fat cream cheese - 2 Cups
- Grand Marnier - 2 Tablespoons
How to Make Strawberry Layer Cake
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°.
Step 2: In a mixture, add sliced strawberries and process till it becomes smooth.
Step 3: In a dry measuring cups, lightly spoon flour and level with a knife.
Step 4: In a bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder, stirring with a whisk.
Step 5: In a large bowl, add powdered sugar, butter and beat them well. Then add eggs, one at a time and beat them well after each addition. Also, beat egg whites.
Step 6: Add buttermilk and flour mixture into the sugar mixture and mix them well. Then add food coloring and strawberry puree into the batter.
Step 7: Divide the batter in 8 inch round cake pans. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Once ready let it cool on a wire rack then remove from the pans.
Step 1: In a bowl add cream cheese, liqueur, butter and beat with a blender. Gradually add powdered sugar and again beat them.
Step 2: On a plat put one layer of cake layer and then sprinkle ½ cup frosting over it.
Step 3: Then add the remaining cake layer and sprinkle remaining frosting over top and side of the cake.
Step 4: Garnish the cake with the strawberry slices.
Step 5: Yummy strawberry layer cake is ready to serve.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Salt – Check Price
- Eggs – Check Price
- Egg white – Check Price
- Butter – Check Price
- Baking powder – Check Price
- Powdered sugar – Check Price
- All purpose flour – Check Price
- Strawberry – Check Price
- Cooking spray – Check Price
- Food coloring – Check Price
- Buttermilk – Check Price
- Cream cheese – Check Price