- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 709 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 107.49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 31.9 g
- Fiber Content: 19.3 g
- Protein Content: 12.49 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5.007 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2494 mg
- Sugar Content: 75.7 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.146 g
Soya bean Tomato Curry
Soya bean simmered in tomato puree with a blend of spices make a delicious curry dish. Soyabean is healthy and full of protein. It is a very healthy grain, and you can make different dishes from it.
To make soyabean tomato curry is easy and can be ready in just 35 minutes. To make this dish, you required soyabean, tomatoes, ginger, spices, etc. You can also add a few pieces of drumsticks, carrots or brinjal to the curry if desired. Soyabean Tomato Curry is best to serve hot with steamed rice in lunch or dinner. Here is the easy recipe to cook soya tomato curry at home.
Ingredients of Soya bean Tomato Curry Recipe
- Soya beans - 2 Cups
- Tomatoes - 4
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing) - ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger - 1 Teaspoon
- Dry red chilies - 3
- Curry leaves - 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 ½ Teaspoon
- Tamarind pulp - 2 Tablespoons
- Jaggery - ½ Cup
How to Make Soya bean Tomato Curry
Step 1: In a pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida. Wait for 5-6 seconds.
Step 2: Then add ginger, red chilies and curry leaves to it and fry them for 1-2 seconds.
Step 3: Add tomato puree, tamarind pulp, red chili powder, turmeric powder, soya bean, and salt.
Step 4: Add 2 cup water and jaggery to it and bring it to a boil.
Step 5: Simmer it for 10-15 minutes.
Step 6: Serve hot soya dal tamatar with steamed rice.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Soya beans – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Dry red chilies – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Tamarind – Check Price
- Jaggery – Check Price