- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 287 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 33.14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 17.21 g
- Fiber Content: 10.5 g
- Protein Content: 7.37 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.611 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 1365 mg
- Sugar Content: 19.06 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.074 g
Sev Tameta Nu Shaak
“Sev Tameta Nu Shaak” or Sev Tamatar ki Sabzi one of the famous and popular curry recipe from Gujarat. Every Gujarati love to have it and enjoy it a lot. This sabzi is easy and quick to make, and it tastes delicious. It is made from red tomatoes and nylon sev with traditional Indian spices and other ingredients. Sev (vermicelli) is a gram flour based deep-fried snacks.
Tomatoes are cooked with other ingredients, and when its appropriately cooked then only Sev should be added, before serving this dish. You can also choose your favorite sev like Ratlami Sev, aloo bhujia sev, etc. to get some tangy and spicy flavor to the recipe. You can enjoy this recipe with roti or Bhakhri, khichdi, and buttermilk. Follow these easy steps to make this tangy sabzi at your home.
Ingredients of Sev Tameta Nu Shaak Recipe
- Chopped red tomatoes - 5
- Nylon sev - 1 Cup
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Muster seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida - ¼ Teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 ½ Teaspoons
- Red chilli powder - 2 Teaspoons
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Water as per requirement
How to Make Sev Tameta Nu Shaak
Step 1: Take a pan and heat the oil in it.
Step 2: Now, add muster seeds and once when they crackle, add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
Step 3: Now, add ginger-garlic paste and chopped tomatoes then sauté it for 5 minutes on MEDIUM flame.
Step 4: Once the tomatoes are cooked, then it’s time for seasoning. Now add all the spices in it and mix it well.
Step 5: Add required water to it and cook it for 4-5 minutes on LOW flame.
Step 6: Now switch off the flame and transfer it to a bowl and pour nylon sev on it.
Step 7: Serve this hot tangy sabzi hot with fulka roti.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Vermicelli – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Ginger garlic paste – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Cumin powder – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price
- Sugar – Check Price