- Prep Time: 5h 00 min
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 2761 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 212.93 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 201.1 g
- Fiber Content: 65.6 g
- Protein Content: 56.51 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 127.812 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2791 mg
- Sugar Content: 63.92 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.29 g
Sev Khamani or Amiri Khaman is a famous Gujarati Cuisine. It is very delicious and perfect snacks for any occasion. People like to have it in the breakfast, and also it’s an anytime snacks. The reason behind it known as Amiri khaman is that the proportion of oil in this dish is more and easy to make. Learn how to make delicious sev khamani at home.
Ingredients of Sev Khamani Recipe
- Soaked chana dal - 200 gm
- Oil - 4 Tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - ¼ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida - ¼ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 8
- Garlic paste - 1 ½ Teaspoons
- Ginger- green chilli paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Baking soda - ¼ Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 Tablespoon
- Water - ¾ Cup
- Nylon sev, for garnishing - ¼ Cup
- Pomegranate seeds - ¼ Cup
- Coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
- Grated coconut - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Sev Khamani
Step 1: Soak the chana dal for 5-6 hours.
Step 2: Once the chana dal soaked drain the excess water from it. Place the chana dal in a mixture grinder and add a little bit of water, then grind it and make a coarse paste.
Step 3: Now, heat five tablespoons of oil in a pan and add muster seeds.
Step 4: When they crackled add asafoetida, turmeric powder, curry leaves, garlic paste, ginger-green chili paste, and coarse paste chana dal. Mix it well and stir for a minute.
Step 5: Now, add water and cover the pan with the lid and let it cook for 10-15 minutes on LOW flame and keep stirring in between.
Step 6: When the mixture avoids sticking the bottom of the pan and oil will be separated on sides then it is cooked, now add sugar and stir it for 2-3 minutes.
Step 7: Turn off the flame and transfer the khamani into the plate.
Step 8: Finally, garnish this sev khamani with nylon sev, grated coconut, pomegranate seeds, and coriander leaves.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Vermicelli – Check Price
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Garlic paste – Check Price
- Baking soda – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Sugar – Check Price
- Pomegranate kernels – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Shredded coconut – Check Price