- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 494 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 30.33 g
- Fiber Content: 10.2 g
- Protein Content: 15.05 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.433 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2431 mg
- Sugar Content: 2.36 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.145 g
Saunfwali Aloo Methi
Aloo methi is a popular Indian recipe which is easily prepared with few ingredients. Potato and methi make a delicious combination. This dish is a perfect combination of potatoes, methi, saunf, and other Indian spices. It tastes best when served with fresh curd and hot lachha paratha or roti.
To make Saunfwali Aloo Methi is easy and can be ready in just 25 minutes. You can add your personal touch to this dish by adding cream or any other ingredients to it. Also, If fresh methi leaves are not available, you can add dry fenugreek leaves to the dish. Dry vegetables are more concentrated in flavor and taste. This is an extremely healthy recipe to make during winter; it gives you energy and keeps you warm. Try this yummy recipe in lunch or dinner with your family and friends.
Ingredients of Saunfwali Aloo Methi Recipe
- Baby potatoes - 200 gm
- Methi leaves - 100 gm
- Finely chopped green chilies - 1 Tablespoon
- Fennel seeds powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Asafetida (Hing) - ¼ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Dry mango powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Saunfwali Aloo Methi
Step 1: In a frying pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds.
Step 2: Once it starts cracklings, adds asafoetida and fennel powder to the oil.
Step 3: Then add methi leaves, green chilies, red chili powder, coriander powder, mango powder, and mix them well.
Step 4: Cook them for 5-6 minutes, then add potatoes.
Step 5: Cook it on LOW flame for 5-10 minutes or until the oil separates.
Step 6: Once it’s ready to remove the pan from the heat and serve hot aloo methi with phulka roti.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Potatoes – Check Price
- Fenugreek leaves – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Fennel seeds – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price
- Dry mango powder (Amchur) – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price