- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 5898 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 1397.08 g
- Cholesterol Content: 8 mg
- Fat Content: 62.35 g
- Fiber Content: 215.8 g
- Protein Content: 181.31 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12.004 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 1458 mg
- Sugar Content: 60.22 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.218 g
Rogan Kumbh is a delightful recipe for the mushroom lovers. This dish is North Indian cuisine. Kumbh means mushroom and Rogan means red from redness of its gravy, and that is the base of this dish. The rich onion and tomato gravy with mushroom make an excellent combination. This dish is a perfect accompaniment for hot rotis, naans or kulcha. Dish up this delicious savoury for your loved ones.
Ingredients of Rogani Kumbh Recipe
- Onion - 1
- Tomatoes - 3
- Green chilies - 2
- Garlic cloves - 5
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Oil - 3 Tablespoons
- Coriander powder - 2 Teaspoons
- Cumin powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1 Teaspoon
- Button mushrooms - 500 gm
- Salt - ½ Teaspoon
- Whisked curd - 4 Tablespoons
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Rogani Kumbh
Step 1: In mixture grinder or food processor, put the quartered onion, tomatoes, green chilies, ginger and garlic. Grind them to a smooth paste.
Step 2: In a deep pan, heat oil over MEDIUM heat and add onion-tomato paste and sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
Step 3: Then add all the spices and mix well and sauté it till oil starts separate from the masala. Stir occasionally.
Step 4: Once the masala is done, add mushrooms and salt. Stir gently.
Step 5: Then add a half cup of warm water and cook till mushrooms are tender. But make sure mushrooms are not overcooked.
Step 6: When mushrooms are done remove from the heat and stir in the whisked yogurt till thoroughly blended.
Step 7: Transfer it to the serving bowl and garnish it with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
Step 8: Serve this delicious mushroom savoury hot with roti.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Onion – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Garlic – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price
- Cumin powder – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Button mushrooms – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Curd – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price