- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 1769 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 209.95 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 98.65 g
- Fiber Content: 30.6 g
- Protein Content: 39.59 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19.578 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 7544 mg
- Sugar Content: 111.37 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.145 g
Vegetable Navratan Korma
Vegetable Navaratan Korma is popular Mughlai cuisine. This is fully loaded with creaminess and the richness of flavours, with this dish, you literally couldn’t stop yourself to savour it, and I bet you once you start eating this dish you’ll want more to eat.
If you’ve never had Mughlai cuisine, then start from here. Mughlai dishes are always over the top with its incredible taste and flavours of dried spices. Without using dry nuts like cashews and raisins, Mughlai recipes are incomplete. The creaminess comes from cream or coconut milk. I rarely use coconut milk to make Mughlai dishes, but most of the time, I use cream because I am not really fond of the taste of coconut milk.
It takes 30 minutes to make, and I have made this dish using beans, carrot, peas, tomatoes, onion, cauliflower, pineapple, potatoes, red capsicum, raisins, cashew, cream and some basic spices including garam masala. My recipe is creamy, spicy, nutty and little sweet because I have also used pineapple juice too.
Ingredients of Vegetable Navratan Korma Recipe
- Boiled beans - 1 Cup
- Boiled and diced carrot - 1 Cup
- Boiled peas - 1 Cup
- Chopped tomatoes - 2 Cups
- Chopped onions - 2 Cups
- Minced garlic cloves - ½ Teaspoon
- Boiled cauliflower - 1 Cup
- Diced pineapple - 1 Cup
- Boiled and diced potatoes - 1 Cup
- Chopped red bell pepper - 1 Cup
- Cashew nuts - 1 Cup
- Raisins - ½ Cup
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 2 Teaspoons
- Garam masala - ½ Teaspoon
- Pineapple juice - 1 Cup
- Cream - 2 Tablespoons
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Vegetable Navratan Korma
Step 1: Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan, add a ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds and let them splutter then add half of the onions and tomatoes and also add garlic and sauté them for about 4 minutes.
Step 2: Transfer it to the mixer blender, add cashew nuts and little water to it. Blend it to a smooth paste and set aside.
Step 3: In another pan, heat remaining oil and add remaining cumin seeds, garam masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and sauté them for few seconds.
Step 4: Add remaining onions and tomatoes, capsicum, pineapple, peas, carrot, beans, potatoes and raisins. Mix well.
Step 5: Add little water and mix well and also add the ground paste of onion and tomatoes to it.
Step 6: Then add pineapple juice and give it a mix and last season it with salt and sauté it for about 5-6 minutes.
Step 7: Remove from the heat and top this delicious korma with cream and serve hot.
Check Price for Ingredients
- French beans – Check Price
- Carrots – Check Price
- Green peas – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Red bell pepper – Check Price
- Potatoes – Check Price
- Garlic paste – Check Price
- Cauliflower – Check Price
- Pineapple – Check Price
- Pineapple juice – Check Price
- Cashew nuts – Check Price
- Raisins – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price
- Fresh Cream – Check Price