- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 8870 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 242.91 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 880.21 g
- Fiber Content: 25.8 g
- Protein Content: 34.63 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 89.581 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2501 mg
- Sugar Content: 45.15 g
- Trans Fat Content: 235.621 g
Vada Pav is Mumbai's famous street food recipe. It is a very relished and popular food that is very easy to make. It is Mumbai's own burger, in which vada is made from spicy boiled potato mixed with red chilli powder, garam masala and then deep fried in a gram flour batter and served with spicy dry garlic chutney and deep-fried green chilli.
In other parts of India, it is served with green coriander chutney and tomato ketchup. Vada Pav is anytime food; you can have it for breakfast, lunch, evening snacks or in fact for dinner too. Vada Pav is not just limited to Mumbai only; you can find it all over India. Here is the delicious and tasty Mumbai style vada pav recipe to try out today.
Ingredients of Vada Pav Recipe
- Potatoes - 250 gm
- Besan (gram flour) - 100 gm
- Finely chopped green chili - 1 Teaspoon
- Finely chopped onion - 2
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Finely chopped coriander leaves - 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 8
- Baking Soda - ½ Teaspoon
- Salt - ½ Teaspoon
- Oil for frying - 4 Cups
- Red chili powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Pavs - 4
How to Make Vada Pav
Step 1: Take a pot and add potatoes and water to it and boil it.
Step 2: Now, remove the potatoes from the pot and let it cool after that crushed the potatoes well.
Step 3: In a frying pan, add mustard seeds, when mustard seeds splutter add oil and curry leaves and fry it for 1-2 seconds.
Step 4: Then add crushed potatoes, ginger-garlic paste, onion, turmeric powder, and salt and cook it for 2-4 minutes.
Step 5: Then add garam masala, green chilies, and coriander leaves and again cook for 4 minutes.
Step 6: Once it is ready, remove it from the heat and keep it aside to let it cool. Once the mixture becomes cool, then make five equal parts of the mixture and make small round balls from the mixture.
Step 7: Now, in a bowl, add besan (gram flour), baking soda, red chili powder, salt, and water and make a batter from it.
Step 8: Take a frying pan and add oil to it and heat the oil.
Step 9: Now, add the previously made potato balls into this besan mixture and put it into the oil and deep-fry it until it becomes golden brown.
Step 10: Now, slit a pav horizontally. Sprinkle one teaspoon oil to the non-stick pan and bake the pav for 1-2 minutes.
Step 11: then apply green chutney and mithi chutney on both parts of the pav and place vada in the middle of the pav.
Step 12: Serve it hot with coriander chutney and tomato ketchup.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Potatoes – Check Price
- Besan (Chickpea Flour) – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Ginger garlic paste – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Baking soda – Check Price