- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 469 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 49.17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 29.37 g
- Fiber Content: 8.1 g
- Protein Content: 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.651 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 7137 mg
- Sugar Content: 10.42 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.148 g
Sukhi Urad Dal
Sukhi Urad dal (split lentils) is very delicious food with full of protein and iron. This is a traditional dish that is cooked in a Punjabi household. Sukhi Urad dal is made with skinned urad dal along with other Indian spices, green chilies, onions and more. Urad dal is protein rich and its good for health. This recipe is healthy yet delicious, and I am sure your family will love it. This quick and easy to make dish is best to enjoy with hot chapati or paratha. Here is the instant microwave style recipe to make sukhi urad dal at home. Try it Today!
Ingredients of Sukhi Urad Dal Recipe
- Urad dal (split lentils) - 1 Cup
- Onions - 2
- Garlic - 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger - 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped green chilies - 3
- Turmeric powder - ½ Tablespoon
- Red chili powder - ½ Tablespoon
- Coriander powder - ½ Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds - ½ Tablespoon
- Lemon juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Ghee or oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Water - 2 Cups
- Salt - 1 Tablespoon
- Green coriander to garnish - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Sukhi Urad Dal
Step 1: First of all, clean and wash urad dal properly and soak it for 30 to 40 minutes.
Step 2: Now, take a microwave safe bowl and put ghee or oil and add onions, garlic, ginger, chilies, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and microwave covered for 2 to 3 minutes at 100% power.
Step 3: Now, add dal and water and microwave covered for 15 minutes at 100% power. Stir in between. When done, let it stand for 3 to 4 minutes.
Step 4: Sprinkle lemon juice on the dal and garnish urad dal with green coriander.
Step 5: Serve hot with roti or naan.