- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 1665 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 273.44 g
- Cholesterol Content: 16 mg
- Fat Content: 38.76 g
- Fiber Content: 19.3 g
- Protein Content: 53.15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.866 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 3679 mg
- Sugar Content: 14.95 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.147 g
Suji Dhokla is a savory and steamed snack dish from Gujarat. This instant dhokla does not need fermentation. It is very soft and spongy in texture and very low fat and light to eat. Dhokla is the easy recipe that can be easily prepared at home without putting much efforts. This dhokla recipe requires suji (semolina), gram flour, curd and other readily available ingredients which makes easy for you to cook it. Like other fired snacks, this is a steamed dish, so it is very healthy to eat and gives you energy during the fasting. Let’s have a look for this easy and instant recipe to make Rava dhokla. Serve it with green coriander chutney.
Ingredients of Suji Dhokla Recipe
- Suji (semolina) - 2 Cups
- Gram flour (besan) - 2 Tablespoons
- Curd - ½ Cup
- Baking Soda - 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Ginger-chilli paste - 2 Teaspoons
- Lemon juice - 1 Teaspoon
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Rock Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- For Tempering
- Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Finely chopped green chillies - 2
- Curry leaves - 7
- Sesame seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped cilantro - 2 Tablespoons
- Grated coconut - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Suji Dhokla
To Make Dhokla
Step 1: Mix curd, suji, gram flour, turmeric powder, ginger chili paste, oil, sugar and rock salt and a large bowl and mix them all.
Step 2: Add water if required and form a smooth consistency batter. Ensure there are no lumps in the batter. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
Step 3: Then add soda bi-carb and lemon juice to the batter and mix well.
Step 4: Heat sufficient water in a steamer and meanwhile grease a dish with oil and fill this dish with the batter.
Step 5: Put the greased dish into the steamer and steam the batter for about 10-15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center and comes out clean.
Step 6: Take out the dish from the steamer and put aside let it cool.
Step 7: Once it cooled cut into square pieces.
Step 1: Heat oil in a pan over MEDIUM heat.
Step 2: Once it hot, add mustard seeds and sesame seeds and let them crackle.
Step 3: Then add chopped green chilies and curry leaves to it then sauté it for a while.
Step 4: Turn off the flame and pour this tempering on dhokla pieces.
Step 5: Garnish the suji dhokla with chopped cilantro.
Step 6: Serve delicious suji dhokla with green spicy coriander chutney.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Semolina – Check Price
- Besan (Chickpea Flour) – Check Price
- Curd – Check Price
- Baking soda – Check Price
- Lemon juice – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Sesame seeds – Check Price
- Cilantro – Check Price
- Shredded coconut – Check Price