- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 7272 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 61.76 g
- Cholesterol Content: 242 mg
- Fat Content: 749.35 g
- Fiber Content: 4.8 g
- Protein Content: 101.52 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 151.733 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 8493 mg
- Sugar Content: 37.8 g
- Trans Fat Content: 3.486 g
Tinda or apple gourd is a seasonal vegetable. Bharwa tinda is a recipe of stuffed tinda with rich paneer and cheese filling, which makes it special and delicious. It is one of my favorite dishes. You can also serve it as a starter. Serve this delightful food hot with roti or paratha.
Ingredients of Stuffed Tinda Recipe
- Apple gourds (tinda) - 250 gm
- Chaat masala - 1 Tablespoon
- Oil for deep frying - 3 Cups
- Grated cheese - 1 Cup
- Tomato sauce - 2 Teaspoon
- For stuffing
- Finely powdered groundnuts - 2 Tablespoons
- Paneer - 2 Cups
- Cashew nuts - 1 Tablespoon
- Raisins - 2 Tablespoons
- Fresh cream - 2 Tablepsoons
- Cheese - 2 Tablespoons
- Finely chopped green chilies - 1 Tablespoon
- Pepper powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Stuffed Tinda
Step 1: Scrape the tindas, cut a slice from the top of each. Scoop out the center to make it hollow.
Step 2: Deep fry the tindas in hot oil for 3-4 minutes. Invert them so that the excess oil is drained out.
Step 3: Sprinkle chaat masala in the hollows and keep aside.
Step 4: Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing and stuff the tindas with it.
Step 5: Bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes at 180°C.
Step 6: Top each tinda with a teaspoon of grated cheese. Dot with some tomato sauce and serve it.
- You can also use potatoes instead of paneer in the filling mixture.