- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 585 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 9.85 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 60.85 g
- Fiber Content: 1.8 g
- Protein Content: 3.52 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12.594 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 4748 mg
- Sugar Content: 2.35 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.29 g
As the name suggests, dry, shallow fry Okra, stuffed with coriander and other Indian spices makes it more delicious and yummy food. You can easily make this delightful Indian vegetable dish quickly. Serve hot stuffed bhindi garnished with coconut powder. Let’s learn the making of stuffed okra/Bhindi.
Ingredients of Stuffed Okra Recipe
- Lady’s finger (okra) - 200 gm
- Oil - 3 Tablespoons
- Sesame seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Coconut powder for garnishing - 1 Tablespoon
- For the Stuffing
- Curd - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 2 Tablespoons
- Green chili paste - 2 Tablespoons
- Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander leaves - 1 Cup
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Powdered groundnut - 2 Tablespoons
How to Make Stuffed Okra
Step 1: In the bowl, add curd, salt, garlic paste, green chili paste, coriander powder, coriander leaves, oil, and powdered groundnut and mix them all. You filling for bhindi is ready.
Step 2: Now, take the bhindi and slit them lengthwise without separating the parts.
Step 3: Now, stuff the bhindi with the previously prepared filling.
Step 4: In a deep frying pan, heat the oil.
Step 5: Add sesame seeds, lady’s finger, salt and the lemon juice in the pan. Cover the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes.
Step 6: Uncover and toss the bhindi.
Step 7: Uncover the pan and cook the lady’s finger for 10 minutes on LOW flame, keep tossing a few times in between.
Step 8: Once ready garnish it with coconut powder and serve hot stuffed lady’s finger with hot chapatti.
- By adding lemon juice. The lady’s finger retains their original color and does not get sticky.
- Lady’s finger should be stuffed and kept aside.
- They should be tempered 15 minutes before serving for best results.