- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 730 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 65.67 g
- Cholesterol Content: 805 mg
- Fat Content: 7.94 g
- Fiber Content: 10.7 g
- Protein Content: 96.34 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.894 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 7677 mg
- Sugar Content: 23.3 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.115 g
Prawns cooked with Schezwan sauce is one of the famous Chinese recipes. It is very popular in China and Thailand. This stir-fried Szechuan prawn has a spicy taste as it cooked with garlic, red chili sauce. This spicy prawn makes a simple and impressive dish which people will love to eat. You can use red chili sauce as per your tangy taste. Serve stir-fried spicy Szechuan prawns with hot steamed rice.
Ingredients of Szechuan Prawns Recipe
- Cleaned and deveined prawns - 500 gm
- Chopped spring onion - 3 Tablespoons
- Chopped garlic - 2 Tablespoons
- Dry red chilies - 5
- Tomato sauce - 3 Tablespoons
- Vinegar - 1 Tablespoon
- Red chili sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Soya sauce - 2 Tablespoons
- Brown sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- A pinch of edible red color
- A pinch of ajinomoto
- Corn flour dissolved in ½ cup of water - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Pepper powder - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Szechuan Prawns
Step 1: In a microwave-safe bowl, add oil and all ingredients except cornflour and prawns and microwave covered at 100% power for a 3-4 minute.
Step 2: Add prawns and ¼ cup water to the above and mix well.
Step 3: Microwave covered at 100% power for a 4-5 minute. Stir in between.
Step 4: Now add corn flour and mix it well and microwave uncovered for 3 minutes at 80 % power till the gravy thickens. Standing time of 2 minutes has to be given.
Step 5: Serve hot with steamed rice.
This Recipe is Adopted From Electrolux Cook Easy Book