- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 146 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 10.54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 116 mg
- Fat Content: 4.15 g
- Fiber Content: 1.8 g
- Protein Content: 16.65 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.824 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 4583 mg
- Sugar Content: 4.53 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.023 g
Fresh prawns, eye-catching garnished with courgette peel, are steamed and served with a mint-flavored fish sauce. Prawns are delicious in taste and require less amount of time in cooking. Steamed prawns cooked with wine vinegar, courgette gives a yummy flavor to the dish. It is an easy and quick recipe to cook for lunch or dinner parties. Serve hot steamed prawns with rice.
Ingredients of Steamed Prawns Recipe
- Fish sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Water - 1 Tablespoon
- Wine vinegar - 1 Tablespoon
- Soy sauce - 1 Tablespoon
- Finely chopped mint leaves - 10
- Shallots - 1
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Pepper - 1 Teaspoon
- Raw prawns - 12
- Courgettes - 2
How to Make Steamed Prawns
Step 1: In a small serving bowl, mix together the fish sauce, water, wine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, mint, shallot and salt, and pepper. Stir well and set aside for at least 1 hour.
Step 2: Meanwhile, peel the courgettes, then cut the peel into 12 long strips.
Step 3: Season with prawns, plenty of salt and pepper. Roll a strip of courgettes around each prawn and steam, in 2 batches, in Chinese bamboo steamer over a large pan or wok ok boiling water for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Serve the prawns hot, accompanied by the sauce.
- Use finely chopped fresh coriander in place of the mint in the sauce.
- If the strips of courgette peel are not very pliable, blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds before wrapping around the prawns.