- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 14304 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 1539.13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2431 mg
- Fat Content: 805.9 g
- Fiber Content: 266.2 g
- Protein Content: 313.28 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 106.827 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 9281 mg
- Sugar Content: 646.19 g
- Trans Fat Content: 176.692 g
Sindhi Kadhi is a delicious curry recipe mixed with vegetables. Sindhi kadhi is very different from other kadhi because it has many vegetables in it to make it tasty and colorful. Sindhi food is full of nutrition. Sindhi kadhi contains lots of vegetables which are cooked in assorted curries, masalas, and gram flour. It is best to serve hot with steamed rice and fried papad. Learn how to make Sindhi Besan Kadhi at home.
Ingredients of Sindhi Kadhi Recipe
- Gram flour - 100 gm
- Drumsticks - 2
- Potatoes - 2
- Brinjals (Egg plant) - 1 ½
- Green peas - 100 gm
- Ladyfingers (bhindi) - 100 gm
- Cucumber - 100 gm
- Cluster beans (gawar) - 500 gm
- Cauliflower - 50 gm
- Kokam (garcinia indica) - 5 gm
- Tamarind - 1/2 Cup
- Green chilies - 3
- Finely chopped coriander - 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Salt - 1 Tablespoon
- Oil for frying - 3 Cups
How to Make Sindhi Kadhi
Step 1: Collect potatoes, cluster beans, drumstick, green peas, cucumber, cauliflower and boil it in 2 cups of water till they tender. Keep it aside.
Step 2: Take a frying pan and fry ladyfingers (bhindi) and brinjals.
Step 3: Now, heat the oil in another pan and add fenugreek seeds when they fizz add a pinch of asafoetida.
Step 4: After few seconds add gram flour to it and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes at MEDIUM flame till it becomes golden brown.
Step 5: When the flour becomes brown, add 1 ½ cup water and stir it and add salt, turmeric powder and boil it.
Step 6: Now, add potatoes, green peas, cauliflower, cluster beans, drumstick, and cucumber and boil it.
Step 7: Then add ladyfingers and brinjals to it.
Step 8: Now, add red chilli powder, Tamarind and cook it.
Step 9: At last, add kokam, garam masala, green chillies and coriander to the kadhi.
Step 10: Now, take a pan and add one tablespoon oil and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and salt and cook to 2 minutes.
Step 11: Add this tempering to the kadhi and boil it for 5 minute
Step 12: Serve hot with rice.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Cucumber – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Cluster beans – Check Price
- Okra – Check Price
- Drumsticks – Check Price
- Besan (Chickpea Flour) – Check Price
- Potatoes – Check Price
- Egg plant – Check Price
- Green peas – Check Price
- Cauliflower – Check Price
- Kokum (Garcinia indica) – Check Price
- Tamarind – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Fenugreek seeds – Check Price