- Yield: 10
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 5 People
- Calories: 4358 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 111.06 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 437.38 g
- Fiber Content: 5.8 g
- Protein Content: 11.54 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 44.379 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 7008 mg
- Sugar Content: 3.25 g
- Trans Fat Content: 117.794 g
Rice cutlet or Rice Tikki is the best timepass and yummy snack recipe. Rice cutlets are great appetizers to the parties and get together. It is crispy from outside and soft from inside.
To make this cutlet, you can use freshly cooked rice or leftover rice too. Also, It’s easily made from the commonly available ingredients at home. This cutlet is made with blended rice with onion, ginger-garlic paste, and other spices and then deep fried it till it cooked perfectly. In spite of deep frying, you can also shallow fry the cutlets. Learn how to make Rice Cutlet or Rice Tikki.
Ingredients of Rice Cutlet Recipe
- Cooked rice - 1 Cup
- Boiled and mashed potatoes - 1 Cup
- Finely chopped onions - ¼ Cup
- Green chili-ginger paste - 1 Teaspoon
- Corn flour - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Tablespoon
- Lemon juice or aamchur powder - 2 Tablespoons
- Semolina for coating - 2 Tablespoons
- Oil for deep frying or shallow frying - 2 Cups
How to Make Rice Cutlet
Step 1: Take a bowl and combine rice, potatoes, onions, chili-ginger paste, arrowroot (or cornflour), aamchur or lemon juice and salt. Mix it well.
Step 2: Divide the mixture into ten portions and make each piece into a flat round shape. Coat with semolina.
Step 3: Deep fry or shallow fry rice cutlets to a golden brown color
Step 4: Serve hot with tomato sauce.