- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2 People
- Calories: 3810 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 296.49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 579 mg
- Fat Content: 239.37 g
- Fiber Content: 14.8 g
- Protein Content: 124.41 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 122.185 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 4616 mg
- Sugar Content: 34.67 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1.807 g
Rajma and Macaroni Soup
Rajma or kidney beans are very healthy and fat-free and very high in protein. Rajma-macaroni soup is a nutritious and yummy recipe to try on the cold days. It keeps you warm during the winter days. Here is the complete recipe to make the rajma-macaroni soup.
Ingredients of Rajma and Macaroni Soup Recipe
- Rajma beans (Kidney beans) - 2 Cups
- Medium size chopped onion - 2
- Garlic paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped celery - 2 stalks
- Lemon juice - 2 Tablespoons
- Melted butter - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Tomato paste - 2 Tablespoons
- Boiled short macaroni - 2 Cups
- Chopped coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
- Parmesan cheese - 1 Cup
- Cream - 2 Cups
How to Make Rajma and Macaroni Soup
Step 1: In a bowl, soak the rajma overnight.
Step 2: Boil the beans with the salt and cook until tender.
Step 3: In a frying pan, heat the butter and add onions, garlic, and celery in the oil, until they are golden brown.
Step 4: Add the boiled beans into the frying pan and bring to boil, skim off any foam that comes on top.
Step 5: Mix the boiled macaroni, coriander, tomato paste and cream to the soup mixture.
Step 6: Cook the soup for 5-10 minutes.
Step 7: Remove the pan from the heat and serve the hot soup after sprinkling cheese on top, cream and coriander leaves.
- The soup can also be served blended or whole beans, taste and add the lemon juice as required.
- Rajma beans are haricot beans. For healthy eating instead of cream, you can also add beaten yogurt.