- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 5 People
- Calories: 2487 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 306.52 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 116.5 g
- Fiber Content: 94.1 g
- Protein Content: 102.11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19.538 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 858 mg
- Sugar Content: 77.82 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.267 g
Dhansak is a delicious Parsi recipe. Parsi food is very famous, and you can find a variety of dishes which is loved by everyone. Parsi cuisine is full of flavors and techniques from ancient Persian cuisine. Dhansak is most popular Parsi food. Usually, dhansak is made with meat, chicken, etc. Here I am sharing with you all a vegetarian version of it.
Veg Dhanshak is a lentil-based curry recipe which is served with brown rice. It is made with five different types of lentils, vegetables like lauki, pumpkin potato, methi leaves, and coriander leaves. The special masala makes to use into the recipe is the unique one which gives the real taste to the dish. If you are pure vegetarian and wants to try some delicious Parsi food, then this flavourful vegetable dhansak is a perfect recipe for you. erve the Vegetable Dhansak along with brown rice.
Ingredients of Vegetable Dhansak Recipe
- Arhar dal (Split Toor Dal) - 1/2 Cup
- Yellow Moong Dal - 1/2 Cup
- Chana dal - 1/2 Cup
- Methi leaves - 50 gm
- Finely chopped green chilies - 2
- Brinjal - 2
- Pumpkin - 2 Cups
- Onion - 1
- Potato - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Water - 2 Cups
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Dry mango powder - 1 Teaspoon
- For Dhansak masala paste:
- Coriander leaves - 1 Cup
- Garlic cloves - 8
- Ginger - 1 Tablespoon
- Green chilies - 2
- Dry red chilies - 2
- Green cardamoms - 2
- Whole black peppercorns - 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Cloves - 5
- Cinnamon stick - 1 Inch
- Coriander seeds - 2 Tablespoons
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Vegetable Dhansak
Step 1: In a grinder, add coriander leaves, garlic cloves, ginger, green chillies, dry red chillies, cardamom, peppercorns, cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, coriander seeds, and oil to it and make a smooth paste of it. Add water, it required.
Step 2: Now, wash all the dal and add them into the pressure cooker.
Step 3: Now, Chop the vegetables, methi leaves, and the potatoes.
Step 4: Add the vegetables into the pressure cooker along with all dals, water, and pressure cook with three whistles.
Step 5: Then blend the boiled dal and vegetables.
Step 6: Now, heat oil in a wok and add chopped onion and saute them until it turns light pink.
Step 7: Then add the dhansak masala paste and fry for 5 minutes.
Step 8: Add blended dals and vegetables to the wok and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
Step 9: Add salt and dry mango powder to the mixture and bring to boil.
Step 10: Once done, remove it from the flame and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with brown rice.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Toor dal (split pigeon peas) – Check Price
- Moong dal (Split Green gram) – Check Price
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) – Check Price
- Fenugreek leaves – Check Price
- Green Chilies – Check Price
- Brinjal – Check Price
- Pumpkin – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Potatoes – Check Price
- Tomato puree – Check Price
- Dry mango powder (Amchur) – Check Price
- Garlic paste – Check Price
- Ginger paste – Check Price
- Dry red chillies – Check Price
- Green cardamom – Check Price
- Black peppercorns – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Cloves – Check Price
- Cinnamon sticks – Check Price
- Coriander seeds – Check Price