- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 1329 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 83.64 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 101.34 g
- Fiber Content: 21.7 g
- Protein Content: 46.51 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16.958 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2754 mg
- Sugar Content: 27.85 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.268 g
Punchmel sabzi is an authentic Rajasthani preparation comprises of five different vegetables, cluster beans, pumpkin, cucumber, snake gourd, tomatoes cooked with sauces. Panchmel sabzi is mouth-watering gravy recipe. Punchmel sabzi can be served hot with phulkas and garlic chutney. In this recipe, we are using green tomatoes. But it the green tomatoes is not available then you can also use red tomatoes. Learn to make punchmel sabzi recipe.
Ingredients of Panchmel Sabzi Recipe
- Cluster beans - 1 Cup
- Cubed pumpkin - 1 Cup
- Chopped cucumber - 1 Cup
- Chopped snake gourd - 1 Cup
- Chopped raw green tomatoes - 1 Cup
- Finely chopped green chilies - 4
- Oil - 3 Tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Bay leaf - 1
- Asafoetida (hing) - ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Dry mango powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - ½ Teaspoon
How to Make Panchmel Sabzi
Step 1: In a pressure cooker, heat the oil.
Step 2: Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, and asafoetida.
Step 3: Then add cluster beans, pumpkin, cucumber, snake gourd, green tomatoes, green chilies, turmeric powder, salt, and ½ cup of water to it. Mix them well and cook the vegetables for 4-5 minutes.
Step 4: Add red chili powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, sugar, and mix them well.
Step 5: Cook the vegetables for 3-4 minutes on MEDIUM flame.
Step 6: Serve hot punchmel sabzi with hot phulka roti.