- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 531 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 30.83 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.194 g
- Fat Content: 43.56 g
- Fiber Content: 4.5 g
- Protein Content: 9.03 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8.667 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2505 mg
- Sugar Content: 4.5 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.194 g
Palak is a very healthy green vegetable. In the winter season, you can widely found it and can readily available. Palak is full of nutritious. You can make a different kind of recipes from it like Palak Paneer, Palak Paratha, Palak Matter Sabji, and more.
Palak Patra is another Gujarati snacks variations that is easy to make and also gives a different taste to your regular food dish. It is easier to make, and you can make it anytime you want. Cook this delicious snacks recipe and enjoy it with your friends and family. Learn how to make palak patra with this easy recipe guide.
Ingredients of Palak Patra Recipe
- Spinach leaves - 10
- Besan (gram flour) - 2 Cups
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili pwoder - ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger-chili paste - 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Garam masala - ½ Teaspoon
- Sugar - 2 Tablespoons
- Oil - 2 Teaspoons
- Coriander leaves for garnishing - 2 Tablespoons
- Curd - ½ Cup
- For tempering
- Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Sesame seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing) - 1/8 Teaspoon
How to Make Palak Patra
Step 1: Properly wash and dry the spinach leaves and keep it aside.
Step 2: Now to make a batter, in a bowl add besan, salt, turmeric powder, chili-ginger paste, red chili powder, garam masala, sugar, coriander leaves, curd, coriander powder, and water as required and mix them well.
Step 3: Combine all the ingredients and make a semi-thick batter. Ensure that the mixture should not become very thin.
Step 4: Now, take one spinach leaf and apply the besan batter over the leaf, then take another leaf and apply the mixture and place the leaf on each other. Repeat the same procedure for 4-5 leaves and keep them on each other.
Step 5: Now, make round balls of those spinach leaves.
Step 6: Repeat the same procedure for the remaining leaves.
Step 7: Now, in a steamer, steam the palak rolls for 20-25 minutes. Once the patra is getting ready, the leaves color changes a little.
Step 8: Remove the Palak Patra from the steamer and let it cook for a while.
Step 9: Once the patra is cooled down, cut them into medium-thick round discs.
Step 10: Now for tempering, in a frying pan, heat the oil and once the oil heated add mustard seeds to it.
Step 11: Once the mustard seeds start crackles add asafoetida and sesame seeds to it.
Step 12: Now, add Patra pieces to the pan and saute them for 2-3 minutes.
Step 13: Remove the patra from the heat and garnish them with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut.
Step 14: Your yummy palak patra is ready to serve.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Spinach – Check Price
- Besan (Chickpea Flour) – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Sugar – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Curd – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Sesame seeds – Check Price