- Prep Time: 2h 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 2592 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 132.51 g
- Cholesterol Content: 650 mg
- Fat Content: 128.5 g
- Fiber Content: 38.5 g
- Protein Content: 221.96 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 30.394 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 3060 mg
- Sugar Content: 69.9 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.363 g
Lamb Vindaloo is also known as Indian mutton spicy curry. It is an authenticate recipe from Goan cuisine. This mouth-watering recipe is quite popular in many regions of India. Traditionally this hot and spicy curry prepared with the paste of spices and marinated lambs/mutton, coconut, vinegar and then cooked together. Here I am sharing how to make Lamb Vindaloo in an authenticated way.
Ingredients of Lamb Vindaloo Recipe
- Mutton/lamb, cut in medium cubes - 1 Kg
- Medium finely chopped onions - 3
- Sugar/jaggery - 1 Teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 2 Springs
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Oil - 5 Tablespoons
- Water as required
- To Make Paste
- Whole kashmiri red chillies - 15
- Cumin seeds - 1 ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
- Black peppercorns - 10
- Poppy seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Cloves - 8
- Green cardamom - 3
- Ginger pieces - 1 inch
- Garlic cloves - 10
- Turmeric Powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Tamarind pulp - 2 Tablespoons
- Cider vinegar - 2 Tablespoons
- Few tablespoons of water
How to Make Lamb Vindaloo
Step 1: To make a paste, In a mixer jar combine Kashmiri red chilies, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, black peppercorns, poppy seeds, cloves, cardamom, ginger pieces, garlic cloves, turmeric powder, tamarind pulp, cider vinegar, and water. Make a smooth paste.
Step 2: Now, marinate the mutton with this paste, sugar, and salt. Allow to marinate it for at least 2 hours.
Step 3: Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and when the oil is heated add chopped onions and sauté it until translucent.
Step 4: Add marinated mutton and sauté it on HIGH heat for 8-10 minutes. Keep stirring intermittently.
Step 5: Once the mutton is sautéed well add 3 cups of water to it and curry leaves. Mix well and adjust the seasoning.
Step 6: Then cover the pressure cooker with its lid and cook till done.
Step 7: You can adjust the consistency of the gravy as preferred.
Step 8: Once it cooked transfer it to the serving dish or bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
Step 9: Serve it hot and enjoy it with steamed rice.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Lamb – Check Price
- Red Onion – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Dry red chilies – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Coriander seeds – Check Price
- Cinnamon sticks – Check Price
- Pepper – Check Price
- Cloves – Check Price
- Poppy seeds – Check Price
- Green cardamom – Check Price
- Ginger paste – Check Price
- Garlic paste – Check Price
- Cider vinegar – Check Price