- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Serving: 2 People
- Calories: 759 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 65.33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 44.66 g
- Fiber Content: 18 g
- Protein Content: 30.25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.714 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2425 mg
- Sugar Content: 5.78 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.187 g
Khandvi is a lip-smacking Gujarati snack. It is all time favorite Gujarati food that is loved by all age group people. Because of its unique texture and flavor makes it a favorite food of all. It’s made from cooked chickpea flour and curd mixture and then seasoned with curry leaves, grated coconut, and sesame seeds. You can make it in just a few minutes in the microwave. Learn how to make Gujarati khandvi with this easy recipe.
Ingredients of Khandvi Recipe
- For Khandvi
- Curd - ¾ Cup
- Water - 1 Cup
- Besan (Gram flour) - ½ Cup
- Turmeric powder - ½ Cup
- A pinch of asafetida (hing)
- Chilli-ginger paste - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- For Tempering
- Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Green chillies - 2
- Curry leaves - 8
- For Garnishing
- Grated coconut - 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Khandvi
Step 1: Take a microwave-safe bowl and combine besan (gram flour), curd, water, turmeric powder, chili-ginger paste, asafetida (Hing) and salt, mix well all the ingredients.
Step 2: Microwave at 80% power for 4-5 minutes. Stirring in between.
Step 3: Again, microwave for 3-4 minutes at 80 % power, stirring in between, until the mixture thickens.
Step 4: Take out the mixture and spread it as thinly as possible on a thick polythene sheet with the help of a flat Katori.
Step 5: As it cools, cut into broad strips and roll them into small rolls and serve them in serving the dish.
- Take all the ingredients for tempering in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 100% for 2 minutes.
- Pour the tempering on the khandvi rolls in the serving dish.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and grated coconut on the khandvi and serve it.