- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2 People
- Calories: 735 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 54.01 g
- Cholesterol Content: 497 mg
- Fat Content: 19.61 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 86.32 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.742 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 6586 mg
- Sugar Content: 21.81 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.067 g
Hot and Sour Prawn Soup
Hot and sour prawn is a traditional Thai soup recipe. It’s very easy and quick soup recipe to worth tryout during the winter days. Lemongrass, chilies, and chicken stock add richness in this soup. You can adjust the spiciness of the soup as you like. Taste your bud with this delicious Thai soup.
Ingredients of Hot and Sour Prawn Soup Recipe
- Prawn raw (devein, peel and keep the shell aside) - 2 Cup
- Lemon grass slices - 1 Tablespoon
- Grated lemon ring - 1 Tablespoon
- Chicken stock - 1 Liter
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Lime juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Chili paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Medium size mushroom (cut into quarters and place in salted water and boil for a minute, drain keep aside) - 12
- Finely sliced green chillies - 1
- Coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Hot and Sour Prawn Soup
Step 1: Shell and devein the prawns, reserving the shells.
Step 2: Rinse the shells and add them to a pan. Then add chicken stocks to the pan.
Step 3: Now, add lemongrass stalks with half of the lemon leaves.
Step 4: Let this mixture boil and reduce the heat to the LOW and simmer the mixture gently till the color of lemongrass is changed and the stock becomes fragrant.
Step 5: Boil the soup for 5-6 minutes.
Step 6: Strain the stock and discard the solids.
Step 7: Again let the stock to a simmer and then add prawns and mushrooms.
Step 8: Stir in the lemon juice, celery, red chilies, green onion, and lemon leaves.
Step 9: Adjust the seasoning.
Step 10: Garnish the soup with green onions and serve hot.