- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 3017 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 101.93 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 248.27 g
- Fiber Content: 34.2 g
- Protein Content: 154.08 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 44.365 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 3763 mg
- Sugar Content: 31.29 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.314 g
Honey Glazed Pumpkin
Honey glazed pumpkin is a great dish which can be a part of your starter menu. The glazed honey pumpkin has the classic flavor of pumpkin with onion, milk, turmeric powder, and honey. The delicious honey glaze on the pumpkin makes this recipe more yummy. This dish can serve with meat or chicken or fish.
Ingredients of Honey Glazed Pumpkin Recipe
- Pumpkin – wash and out into 1″ pieces, of 1/2″ thickness, without peeling - 500 gm
- Finely sliced onion - 1
- Milk - ½ Cup
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 ¼ Teaspoons
- A pinch turmeric powder
- Lemon juice - 2 Tablespoons
- Honey - 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped coriander - 2 Tablespoons
- Peppercorns - 8
How to Make Honey Glazed Pumpkin
Step 1: In a kadhai, add milk and chopped onions. Cook till milk dries.
Step 2: Add salt, turmeric powder red chili powder. Wash and add pumpkin. Cook covered on ﬂame for 15-20 minutes till pumpkin turns soft, but still, ﬁrm.
Step 3: Add lemon juice, honey, crushed peppercorns and coriander to taste.
Step 4: Cook on LOW flame for 5-7 minutes till dry and thoroughly cooked. Serve hot.