- Yield: 1 Cup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 289 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 53.45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 11.99 g
- Fiber Content: 29.1 g
- Protein Content: 11.92 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.439 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 1181 mg
- Sugar Content: 7.72 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.001 g
Pav Bhaji Masala
Pav bhaji masala is a perfect combination of Indian spices and mixed them into one. To make this masala is easy and you required no extra efforts and ingredients. You can also purchase readymade pav bhaji masala from the market or can make yourself quickly at home. This spicy powder is used to make a pav bhaji, Mumbai's famous street food. Here is the easy recipe to make Pav bhaji masala at home.
Ingredients of Pav Bhaji Masala Recipe
- Coriander seeds - 2 Tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - 2 Tablespoons
- Whole dry red chilies - 5
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Dry mango powder - 2 Tablespoons
- Cloves - 5
- Black cardamom - 4
- Black peppercorns - 3
- Cinnamon stick - 1 Inch
- Split cickpeas - 1 Teaspoon
- Fennel seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Asafoetida (hing) - 1/2 Teaspoon
How to Make Pav Bhaji Masala
Step 1: In a frying pan, add Asafoetida, Split Chickpeas, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, dry red chilies, black cardamom, cloves, peppercorns, and cinnamon stick and dry roast them for 3-5 minutes on LOW flame till they turn golden brown.
Step 2: Once it cools down, transfers them into a mixer jar and grinds them well.
Step 3: if needed, sieve it and again grind it to a powder.
Step 4: Now, add turmeric powder and dry mango powder to it and mix them well.
Step 5: Once its cools completely, store it in an airtight container.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price
- Dry mango powder (Amchur) – Check Price
- Coriander seeds – Check Price
- Cloves – Check Price
- Cinnamon sticks – Check Price
- Fennel seeds – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Dry red chilies – Check Price
- Black cardamom – Check Price
- Black Peppercorns – Check Price
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) – Check Price