- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 1642 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 261.27 g
- Cholesterol Content: 61 mg
- Fat Content: 28.82 g
- Fiber Content: 103.5 g
- Protein Content: 96 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15.416 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 1413 mg
- Sugar Content: 33.76 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.932 g
A nutritious protein and fibre-rich dish simmered with a blend of spices. Moong is a very healthy grain. Try and include such dishes in your routine, which are delicious and full of nutrients all the same time. Here I am sharing one easy and tasty recipe for garlic moong recipe. It's a quick and delicious way to cook moong. The taste of garlic makes this dish tastier. Follow below given easy step to make it. Serve hot garlic moong garnished with coriander leaves with steamed rice and phulka roti.
Ingredients of Garlic Moong Recipe
- Whole green pulse - 2 Cups
- Desi ghee - 2 Tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing) - ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Curry leaves - ½ Teaspoon
- Ginger paste - 1 Tablespoon
- finely chopped Green chilies - 3
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
How to Make Garlic Moong
Step 1: In a frying pan, heat the ghee and add cumin seeds, asafoetida. Will till the cumin seeds crackle, then add curry leaves to it.
Step 2: Then add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and fry them for 10-15 minutes.
Step 3: Now, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and boiled pulses to the pan and mix them well.
Step 4: Then add 2 cups of water and salt to it.
Step 5: Now, let the moong mixture boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Step 6: Once it’s ready, remove the pan from the heat and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
Step 7: Serve hot with roti or steamed rice.