- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 649 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 46.53 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 48.35 g
- Fiber Content: 17.8 g
- Protein Content: 13.25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.604 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 3122 mg
- Sugar Content: 16.46 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.218 g
Gajar Matar Sabzi
Gajar Mutter ki Sabji is a delicious Indian recipe made with carrots and peas as the main ingredient. Gajar and mutter are favorite vegetables of all, which flavored with have been different combinations of coconut, sesame, and kasoori methi. This sabji is a dry mix of carrots and peas cooked in oil with various spices. This dish is specially prepared during winter, as both the ingredients are easily available in the market and the fresh vegetables give the rich taste to the dish. Serve hot Gajar Mutter ki Sabji garnished with coriander leaves with phulka roti or paratha.
Ingredients of Gajar Matar Sabzi Recipe
- Carrots - 200 gm
- Green peas - 200 gm
- Desiccated coconut powder - 2 Tablespoons
- Oil - 3 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Green chili paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Red chili powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Sesame seeds - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Gajar Matar Sabzi
Step 1: In a frying pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds and sesame seeds.
Step 2: Add carrot, green peas, turmeric powder and salt.
Step 3: Cover and cook till the vegetables are cooked.
Step 4: Add all the remaining ingredients and cover and cook for 2-5 minutes.
- You can substitute the coconut with two tablespoons kasoori methi for an all-together different flavour of the taste of the vegetables.