- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 1308 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 5.58 g
- Cholesterol Content: 969 mg
- Fat Content: 46.13 g
- Fiber Content: 0.8 g
- Protein Content: 204.69 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11.83 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 8050 mg
- Sugar Content: 2.4 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.159 g
Fried Tandoori Chicken
Fried tandoori chicken is a popular chicken dish and loved by many people. Chicken legs are marinated with different spices and curd and then deep fried in the oil, tastes delicious, and you will enjoy it. This recipe is popular since old Mughal days; it is served in the main course or on special occasions. The robust aroma of this dish tempts people to eat it more and more.
You can deep fry the chicken legs in the frying pan or can also use the air fryer to minimize the oil used to make this dish. The fried tandoori chicken is best to serve with lemon wedges, onion rings, and green coriander chutney or any dip or sauce. You can also enjoy it with bread, roti, or naans. Follow this easy fried tandoori chicken recipe to make it today.
Ingredients of Fried Tandoori Chicken Recipe
- Chicken legs - 4
- Salt - 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Chili paste - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Kasoori methi powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 2 Tablespoon
- Hung curd - 2 Tablespoons
How to Make Fried Tandoori Chicken
Step 1: In a bowl, add salt, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala powder, kasoori methi powder, chili paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, lemon juice, hung curd and mix them well.
Step 2: Now take the chicken pieces and coat them with this spice mixture and keep it aside to rest for 1-2 hours.
Step 3: Preheat the air fryer at 200°C for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Now, add the chicken pieces into the air fryer basket and fry them for 10 minutes.
Step 5: After 10 minutes, remove the basket and apply oil on the chicken pieces and again fry them for 5-6 minutes.
Step 6: Now, remove the chicken pieces from the basket and serve hot with onion rings, green coriander chutney, and lemon wedges.
- You can also use the frying pan to fry the chicken legs.
- While frying the chicken legs in to pan, it needs to fry it becomes crisp or turns golden brown.
- It is best to use the thigh bones and legs to make this dish as it contains enough fat, which helps the chicken to stay moist under the heat.