- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 5838 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 4.68 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 658.1 g
- Fiber Content: 1.9 g
- Protein Content: 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 102.718 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2388 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.37 g
- Trans Fat Content: 3.486 g
Fried Arbi (colocasia) is a lip-smacking recipe to try out. Arbi is healthy as it contains more calories and tastes delicious when it's cooked with different Indian spices. Enjoy this crispily fried arbi as a starter or with Chapati. Here is the step by step guide to making deliciously fried arbi at home.
Ingredients of Fried Arbi Recipe
- Arbi (colocasia) - 500 gm
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Oil - 3 Cups
- Red chili powder - ¾ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Anise seeds powder - 2 Teaspoons
- Carom seeds (ajwain) - 1 Teaspoon
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
How to Make Fried Arbi
Step 1: Boil the arbi in a pressure cooker for 2-3 whistles. Let it cool and then remove the skin and set aside.
Step 2: Now, heat the oil in frying pan and deep fry the arbi for 4-5 minutes or until turn golden brown and crispy.
Step 3: Remove the arbi from oil and put it on absorbent paper.
Step 4: In another frying pan add one tablespoon oil and add ajwain and asafoetida to oil.
Step 5: Then add fried arbi, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder, salt aniseeds powder and mix it well.
Step 6: Stir-fry the arbi for 5-6 minutes.
Step 7: Turn off the flame, and fried arbi is ready to serve with roti or plain paratha.