- Prep Time: 1h 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 3323 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 220.58 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 259.84 g
- Fiber Content: 33.7 g
- Protein Content: 50.69 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 37.48 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2671 mg
- Sugar Content: 11.41 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1.066 g
Farali Kachori is Gujarati recipe to make during the fasting days. This kachori is a nutritious and healthy choice during fasts. It is a similar recipe to lilva kachori. This can be a perfect farali snack for people out there on vrat days. In this famous fasting recipe, the outer layer is made with amaranth and water chestnut flour and stuffed with the filling of samvat rice and potatoes, which is seasoned with chili, cloves powder, pepper powder, and salt. Try this today, and I am sure that, all will love this spicy and tempting snack.
Ingredients of Farali Kachori Recipe
- samvat rice (Echinochloa colona seeds) - 100 gm
- Potatoes - 2
- Rajgira flour (Amaranth Flour) - 100 gm
- Water chestnut flour - 100 gm
- Oil - 200 gm
- Finely chopped green chillies - 7
- Black pepper powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Clove powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Finely chopped coriander leaves - ½ Cup
- Rock salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - ½ Teaspoon
How to Make Farali Kachori
To Make Filling
Step 1: Clean and wash the samvat rice 2-3 times and soak it for about an hour. Then grind it to the coarse paste.
Step 2: Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker until done. Peel them and mash well.
Step 3: In a vessel, heat 50 gm of oil and add cumin seeds and green chilies. Allow them to crackle.
Step 4: Reduce the heat and add coarse paste of samvat rice sauté it until fragrant.
Step 5: Then add boiled and mashed potatoes, pepper powder, cloves powder, red chili powder and rock salt. Mix well.
Step 6: Remove from the heat and add coriander leaves and mix it again. Allow it to cool.
Step 7: When the mixture is cool, make medium and equal sized balls from it.
To Make Dough
Step 1: Mix the amaranth flour, water chestnut flour, one teaspoon of oil and rock salt with sufficient water and knead into a stiff dough.
To Make Kachori
Step 1: Heat the remaining oil in another skillet.
Step 2: Divide the dough into equal sized balls and roll out each ball into a Katori shape, stuff with a portion of samvat rice mixture then gather the edges and seal. Shape into a kachori.
Step 3: Deep fry kachoris in the hot oil till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
Step 4: Serve hot with mint-coriander or date-tamarind chutney.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Sama rice (Barnyard millet) – Check Price
- Potatoes – Check Price
- Rajgira atta (amaranth flour) – Check Price
- Water chestnuts – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Black pepper powder – Check Price
- Clove powder – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Rock salt – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price