- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 1774 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 262.47 g
- Cholesterol Content: 192 mg
- Fat Content: 68.55 g
- Fiber Content: 2.1 g
- Protein Content: 34.09 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 40.905 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 712 mg
- Sugar Content: 246.53 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1.397 g
Halwasan is a famous sweet in Gujarat comes from the Khambat region. Traditionally, halwasan consists the basic ingredients – wheat germ, milk, lemon juice and sugar to make. But if you are looking for the recipe of halwasan which can zest you on fasting days, here’s the recipe of Farali Halwasan. Instead of using wheat germ, in farali halwasan, you need singhare ka atta, rajgire ka atta, and some other ingredient to prepare this it. Let’s have a look for this mouth-melting recipe of Halwasan and enjoy it.
Ingredients of Farali Halwasan Recipe
- Milk - 1 Litre
- Powdered sugar - 200 gm
- Rajgira ka atta - 1 Tablespoon
- Singhare ka atta - 1 Tablespoon
- Edible gum powder (gaund) - 1 Teaspoon
- Ghee - 3 Tablespoons
- Almonds - 1 Tablespoon
- Charoli (Chironji) - 1 Tablespoon
- Cardamom powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Citric acid - 1 Teaspoon
- Edible silver foils, for garnishing - 2`
How to Make Farali Halwasan
Step 1: In a brass vessel, add powdered sugar and ghee and over lower heat fry till sugar caramelized.
Step 2: Heat ghee in a pan and add rajgira ka atta, singhare ka atta, and edible gum powder roast it till golden brown.
Step 3: Meanwhile, bring the milk to boil in a vessel. Once it starts boiling, immediately add diluted citric acid and continue to boil, stirring continuously, till the milk curdle and separates from the way.
Step 4: Then add sautéed flour and caramelized sugar to the curdled milk while stirring continuously and cook it till the mixture is thickened.
Step 5: Remove from the flame and add charoli, slivered almonds, cardamom powder, and nutmeg powder. Mix well and allow it to cool.
Step 6: Once it’s cool, make balls and roll on edible silver foil and serve.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Ghee – Check Price
- Milk – Check Price
- Powdered sugar – Check Price
- Rajgira atta (amaranth flour) – Check Price
- Water chestnut flour – Check Price
- Almonds – Check Price
- Charoli (Chironji) – Check Price
- Cardamom powder – Check Price
- Nutmeg powder – Check Price
- Silver vark – Check Price
- Edible gum powder – Check Price
- Citric acid – Check Price