- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 5541 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 378.28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 33 mg
- Fat Content: 461.6 g
- Fiber Content: 68.1 g
- Protein Content: 24.62 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 79.441 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 4963 mg
- Sugar Content: 139.46 g
- Trans Fat Content: 2.324 g
Farali Fruit Chaat
In India, chaat is popular street food, and typically it is served at road-side tracks from the food carts. From different region and state, you will find different variety of chaats. But today I am bringing you a special chaat recipe just for the fasting days. Farali fruit chaat is a vrat special snack recipe. It is delicious and lip-smacking snack dish. So people without wasting time try the recipe and enjoy your snack time with the mouthwatering dish.
Ingredients of Farali Fruit Chaat Recipe
- Sweet potatoes - 300 gm
- Potatoes - 100 gm
- Ginger-chili paste - 1 Tablespoon
- Finely chopped coriander leaves - ½ Cup
- Lemon - 1
- Cream - 50 gm
- Grapes - 50 gm
- Peeled & sliced sapodilla (chickoo) - 3
- Peeled & finely chopped bananas - 2
- Sliced apple - 2
- Pomegranate seeds - ½ Cup
- Tomato - 2
- Capsicum - 1
- Arrowroot powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Scraped coconut - 1 Tablespoon
- Peeled & chopped papaya - ¼ Cup
- Cherries - 1 Tablespoon
- Farali masala - 1 ½ Teaspoon
- Rock salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Oil for shallow fry - 2 Cups
- For Farali Masala:
- Cloves - 4
- Peppercorns - 8
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Dry mango powder (amachur powder) - ½ Tablespoon
- Rock salt - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Farali Fruit Chaat
To Make Cutlet:
Step 1: Boil the potatoes and sweet potatoes in the pressure cooker until it’s done.
Step 2: Peel them and mash them with using potato masher then add ginger-chili paste, half of the coriander leaves, lime juice, arrowroot and salt to it. Mix them well.
Step 3: Divide this mixture into equal portions and shape them into flat round shaped cutlets.
Step 4: Heat sufficient oil in a pan and shallow fry these cutlets till both the sides are evenly roasted, crisp and golden.
To Make Farali Masala:
Step 1: Heat a pan and dry roast cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds and coriander seeds till fragrant.
Step 2: Put dry roast spices in a mixer jar and grind it in powder.
Step 3: Store it in an airtight jar and use when to require.
To Make Chaat:
Step 1: Now, take the capsicum and one tomato and cut them into rings across the diameter.
Step 2: Take a cutlet in a plate and cut into four pieces.
Step 3: Spread some cream over the cutlet then top with sapodilla slice, apple slice, chopped banana, grape, few pomegranate seeds, coriander leaves and scraped coconut.
Step 4: Similarly prepare all the cutlets.
Step 5: At the serving time, put tomato and capsicum ring around the prepared cutlet and again put some pomegranate seeds and also cherry too.
Step 6: Now, take the remaining tomato and cut it from the top across the diameter and de-seed it.
Step 7: Now, fill this tomato with chopped papaya, pomegranate seeds, few grapes, and chopped banana.
Step 8: Then thread papaya cube, banana cube, grape and cherry alternating on a wooden skewer. Place this prepared stirrer on the tomato.
Step 9: In a serving plate, spread grated apple in the center and put prepared tomato on it then put the prepared cutlet chaat.
Step 10: Your farali fruit chaat is ready to enjoy.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Sweet potatoes – Check Price
- Rock salt – Check Price
- Potatoes – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Lemon – Check Price
- Cream – Check Price
- Green Grapes – Check Price
- Sapodilla (chickoo) – Check Price
- Banana – Check Price
- Apple – Check Price
- Pomegranate seeds – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Capsicum – Check Price
- Arrowroot powder – Check Price
- Shredded coconut – Check Price
- Papaya – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Cloves – Check Price
- Cinnamon sticks – Check Price
- Pepper – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Coriander seeds – Check Price
- Dry mango powder (Amchur) – Check Price