- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 2396 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 411.76 g
- Cholesterol Content: 92 mg
- Fat Content: 47.87 g
- Fiber Content: 53.9 g
- Protein Content: 84.57 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 23.561 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 7415 mg
- Sugar Content: 40.73 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1.399 g
Dal roti is roti or chapati made by adding cooked dal or lentils to the wheat flour while kneading. My mom often experiments with various ingredients while kneading chapati dough including boiled and mashed potatoes, butter, ghee and pureed spinach, even cooked rice. However, this interesting idea was shared by my mother. She makes roti dough with cooked dal and other vegetables like spinach and tomato so that this is very healthy food for us. Mothers and their creativity!
Ingredients of Dal Roti Recipe
- Tuvar dal (Pigeon pea) - ¼ Cup
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) - ½ Cup
- Moong dal (Split Green gram) - ½ Cup
- Chopped ginger - 1 Teaspoon
- Chopped green chilli - 1 Tablespoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1 ½ Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice - 1 Cup
- Finely chopped onion - 1
- Finely chopped coriander leaves - 2 Tablespoons
- Wheat flour - 2 ½ Cups
- Water - 1 ½ Cups
- Carrom seeds (Ajwain) - 1 Teaspoon
- Pure ghee - 3 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Dal Roti
Step 1: First, mix and wash all the dals properly.
Step 2: Now, boil them in water with salt and one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a pressure cooker till one whistle.
Step 3: Then, dry the water entirely and let it cool and after that mash them well.
Step 4: Now, sieve the wheat flour and salt together.
Step 5: Then add the onion and red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, green chili and ginger to it.
Step 6: Now, add ajwain and one tablespoon of pure ghee to it then mix it well.
Step 7: Then mix in dals and make the dough without adding water.
Step 8: When your dough is ready, keep it aside for half an hour.
Step 9: Now, divide the dough in equal balls and roll out individual balls.
Step 10: Then cook the stuffed chapati on hot tava and apply one teaspoon of ghee after removing from the tava.
Step 11: Your delicious dal roti is ready.