- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 521 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 30.83 g
- Cholesterol Content: 70 mg
- Fat Content: 43.32 g
- Fiber Content: 8.1 g
- Protein Content: 8.98 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19.541 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2595 mg
- Sugar Content: 15.42 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.073 g
Dal Makhani is a famous Indian curry recipe from the Punjab region of India. Not only in Punjab but its very famous recipe and widely cooked and eaten in North India and other states. Dal Makhani is a very delicious, creamy and little spicy dish. It is made from black gram, kidney beans which are rich in calories and healthy too. It is overnight cooked on a low flame. Serve this delicious curry with Naans and plain rice. Here is the complete recipe to learn to make a restaurant-style Dal Makhani at home.
Ingredients of Dal Makhani Recipe
- Soaked whole black gram (Urad Dal) - 1 Cup
- Soaked red kidney beans (rajma) - 2 Tablespoons
- Water - 3 Cups
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Butter - 2 Tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Piece of Cinnamon stick - 1-Inch
- Cloves - 2
- Ginger paste - 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic Paste - 1 Teaspoon
- Sliced onion - 1
- Tomato purée - 2 Cups
- Red chilli powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Cream - ¼ Cup
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Green Chilies - 2
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
How to Make Dal Makhani
Step 1: Soak the whole black gram and red kidney beans in water for overnight.
Step 2: Now, drain the excess water from soaked whole black gram and red kidney beans and pressure cook it in 2 cups of water with salt till it thoroughly cooked and became soft.
Step 3: Now, in a deep frying pan heat the oil and butter and then add cinnamon stick, cloves, and cumin seeds when they begin to change the color add green chilies, ginger paste, and garlic paste and sauté it for 2-3 seconds.
Step 4: Now add onions and mix it well and cook it until it turns brown.
Step 5: Now, add tomato puree and simmer it for 3-4 minutes.
Step 6: When the oil starts separating from the tomatoes, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt to it mix it well.
Step 7: Now, mash whole black gram and red kidney beans slightly and add it to the tomato and onion mixture. Also, add water inside and mix it well.
Step 8: Simmer it for 10 minutes, then add cream in it and mix it well.
Step 9: Switch off the flame and transfer this dal to the serving bowl.
Step 10: Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Urad dal – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Kidney beans – Check Price
- Butter – Check Price
- Cloves – Check Price
- Cinnamon sticks – Check Price
- Ginger paste – Check Price
- Garlic paste – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Tomato puree – Check Price
- Fresh Cream – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price