- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 6 People
- Calories: 1730 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 103.08 g
- Cholesterol Content: 539 mg
- Fat Content: 98.39 g
- Fiber Content: 8.6 g
- Protein Content: 106.3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 58.82 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 5416 mg
- Sugar Content: 51.94 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1.967 g
Crab Mornay is a delicious seafood recipe. In this recipe, a cheese sauce cooked with mustard that makes this dish more tasty and tempting. Crab Mornay is served as a side dish. Best to serve with a crisp green salad. You can make it especially for your holidays or anytime you want to entertain your family. Here is the easy Recipe For Crab Meat Mornay.
Ingredients of Crab Mornay Recipe
- Fresh crab meat - 250 gm
- Crushed garlic cloves - 5
- Butter - 60 gm
- Plain flour (maida) - 1/3 Cup
- Dry mustard seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Milk - 2 Cups
- Finely chopped onion - 1
- Grated cheese - ½ Cup
- Tomato sauce - 4 Tablespoons
- Tobacco - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce - 2 Teaspoons
- Cream - 3 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Crab Mornay
Step 1: In a large bowl, melt butter for one mint in HIGH flame, stir in flour and mustard. Cook for a further one minute on HIGH flame.
Step 2: Gradually stir in milk. Cook for 3-5 minutes on HIGH flame, stirring every minute.
Step 3: Stir in onion, crab meat, salt and pepper, ¼ cup cheese, tomato sauce, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, cream, salt, and garlic.
Step 4: Place into a 1-liter serving dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese
Step 5: Cook for 8-10 mints on MEDIUM flame.
Step 6: Serve in vol au vent shells with a garden salad.
- You must try it with Melba toast. It tastes best.
- Also, you can try it with crusty white bread.