- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving: 6 People
- Calories: 265 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 28.34 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 16.24 g
- Fiber Content: 8.4 g
- Protein Content: 6.45 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.042 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2601 mg
- Sugar Content: 14.92 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.072 g
A South Indian food is incomplete without coconut chutney. Coconut chutney makes the south Indian dishes tastier. To make coconut chutney is easy and you can instantly make it whenever you are cooking a South Indian food. Just combine fresh coconut, chilies, curd and crush it well then tempered it with mustard seeds. You can enjoy this coconut chutney with Dosa, Idli, and other dishes. So let’s quickly see the recipe for coconut chutney.
Ingredients of Coconut Chutney Recipe
- Scraped fresh coconut - 1 Cup
- Bengal gram (chana dal) - 1 Tablespoon
- Curd - 1 Tablespoon
- Grated ginger - 1 Teaspoon
- Tamarind paste - 1 Teaspoon
- Chopped green chillies - 2
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- For Tempering
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Split black gram skinless - ½ Teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - ¼ Teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - ½ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida - ½ Teaspoon
- Few curry leaves
- Dried red chillies - 2
How to Make Coconut Chutney
Step 1: Add coconut scraped and roasted Bengal gram into the blender and blend it well.
Step 2: Now, add ginger, tamarind paste, and green chillies along with salt and blend it again.
Step 3: Then add little water and curd to it and blend it to make a smooth paste.
Step 1: In a pan, heat the oil and black gram and sauté it till light brown.
Step 2: Then add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, and dried red chillies then sauté it for a while.
Step 3: Now, remove the pan from the heat and pour this temper over ground coconut paste.
Step 4: Serve this tempting coconut chutney with idli or dosa.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Oil – Check Price
- Dry red chilies – Check Price
- Curry leaves – Check Price
- Urad dal – Check Price
- Chana dal (Split chickpeas) – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Shredded coconut – Check Price
- Curd – Check Price
- Ginger paste – Check Price
- Tamarind – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Mustard seeds – Check Price
- Asafoetida (hing) – Check Price