- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 3131 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 150.91 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4061 mg
- Fat Content: 64.21 g
- Fiber Content: 42.7 g
- Protein Content: 481.92 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15.002 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 31103 mg
- Sugar Content: 54.02 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.647 g
Classic Shrimp Laksa with Rice Noodles
Classic Shrimp Laksa with Rice Noodles is a hearty Southeast Asian noodle soup. This dish has a sweet, spicy and vibrant taste with a tropical creaminess of coconut milk. It is very simple to make, but it requires a few ingredients that are not readily available at most grocery stores.
The flavorful base of this recipe is Laksa paste, and basically, it’s made with coconut milk, shrimps paste, fresh turmeric, garlic, lemongrass, and spices. Then this paste is sautéed in a wok if you want to deepen the flavor of this paste you can use oil to sauté it. Into the same pot goes chicken stock, fish sauce, soy sauce and shrimp along with coconut milk. After a quick simmer, it’s done. Ladle over boiled rice noodles then the top with fresh basils, cilantro, and bean sprouts. After garnishing, serve this dish immediately, and I can assure you that this dish can take you far away and you love to enjoy it. Here is the easy recipe to make the classic shrimp laksa with rice noodles.
Ingredients of Classic Shrimp Laksa with Rice Noodles Recipe
- Laksa curry paste - 1/2 Cup
- Low-sodium chicken stock - 3 Cups
- Fish sauce - 2 Tablespoons
- Light soy sauce - 1 Teaspoon
- Light brown sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon Juice - 1 Tablespoon
- 14-ounce can coconut milk - 1
- Dried flat wide rice noodles - 200 gm
- Medium shrimp, deveined, tails left on - 3.17 kg
- Bean sprouts - 1 1/2 Cup
- Sea salt - 1 Tablespoon
- Cayenne pepper or red chili flakes - 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh cilantro stems - 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh Thai basil stems - 1 Tablespoon
- To Make Laksa Curry Paste
- Coconut milk - 1/4 Cup
- Shrimp paste - 3 Tablespoons
- Vegetable oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Light brown sugar - 2 Tablespoons
- Ground coriander - 1 Teaspoon
- Ground cumin - 1 Teaspoon
- Sea salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Chopped fresh peeled turmeric root or turmeric powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Chili powder or cayenne pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Crushed cloves of garlic - 2
- Smashed and roughly chopped lemongrass - 2 Stalks
- Fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into coins - 1
- Chopped yellow onion - 1
- Red Fresno Chile, stemmed and sliced crosswise - 1
How to Make Classic Shrimp Laksa with Rice Noodles
To Make Laksa Curry Paste
Step 1: In a bowl, combine the coconut milk and shrimp paste with all remaining ingredients of laksa curry paste in a blender and whiz into a smooth paste.
To Make Shrimps Laksa With Noodles
Step 1: Heat a wide wok over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Then add the laksa curry paste and cook it for 2-3 minutes while stirring it.
Step 2: Now, pour in the chicken stock, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, and coconut milk. Mix everything well.
Step 3: When it starts simmering reduce the heat and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
Step 4: After that stir in the shrimp and cook again until just cooked through, this will take about 2 minutes.
Step 5: Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles until al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain them and rinse under cold water to refresh.
Step 6: Now, add ¾ cup of the bean sprouts to the shrimp mixture.
Step 7: Seasoned it with sea salt and cayenne pepper.
Step 8: At the serving time, divide the noodles between 2 large, shallow bowls and ladle the shrimps and broth over each.
Step 9: Garnish it with cilantro and basil, sprinkle the remaining sprouts over the top and serve it immediately.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Rice noodles – Check Price
- Laksa paste – Check Price
- Chicken stock – Check Price
- Soy sauce – Check Price
- Brown sugar – Check Price
- Coconut milk – Check Price
- Shrimp – Check Price
- Bean sprouts – Check Price
- Cayenne pepper – Check Price
- Thai basil – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price
- Cumin seeds powder – Check Price
- Garlic paste – Check Price
- Lemon grass – Check Price
- Ginger paste – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Red Fresno Chile – Check Price