- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Serving: 5 People
- Calories: 2786 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 199.95 g
- Cholesterol Content: 847 mg
- Fat Content: 118.88 g
- Fiber Content: 31.8 g
- Protein Content: 236.29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 60.902 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 4693 mg
- Sugar Content: 36.03 g
- Trans Fat Content: 3.366 g
Cinnamon chicken is a delicious chicken recipe. It is a tasty chicken casserole, mildly spiced with ground cinnamon and served with tagliatelle. Cinnamon chicken is an easy recipe to cook chicken and can be ready 1 hour. In this recipe, chicken is marinated with honey, cinnamon, butter, etc. and then cooked with vegetables, garlic, pasta, salt, pepper and white wine. This delightful recipe is perfect for serving at lunch or dinner.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Chicken Recipe
- Oven ready chicken - 1
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Pepper - 1 Teaspoon
- Butter - 100 gm
- Red onion - 2
- Chicken or vegetable stock - 125 ml
- Finely chopped garlic cloves - 2
- Tomatoes - 8
- White wine - 250 ml
- Tomato puree - 1 Tablespoon
- Finely chopped celery - 250 gm
- Finely chopped fresh parsley - 2 Tablespoons
- Tagliatelle pasta - 500 gm
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese - 2 Tablespoons
- Ground cinnamon - 2 Tablespoons
- Fresh parsley sprigs to garnish - 1 Sprig
How to Make Cinnamon Chicken
Step 1: Cut the chicken into portions and season with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in the flameproof, ovenproof casserole dish. Add the chicken and cook until brown all over. Remove the pan from the heat.
Step 2: Lay the onions over the chicken and cover with stock. Cover and bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C for 45-60 minutes, or until cooked and tender.
Step 3: Meanwhile, to make the sauce, place the garlic, tomatoes and wine in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir in the tomato puree and celery.
Step 4: Season with salt and pepper. Return to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chopped parsley and stir to mix.
Step 5: Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted, boiling water for 10-12 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well.
Step 6: Place the pasta on a warmed dish and toss with the cheese. Spoon with cooked chicken on top of the pasta and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Step 7: Cover with the tomato sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese to serve. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs and serve immediately.
Step 8: For a substantial meal, serve with oven-baked potatoes or sweet potatoes, cooked green beans and baby sweetcorn.
- You can also use chopped fresh coriander in place of parsley.