- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 6 People
- Calories: 802 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 17.65 g
- Cholesterol Content: 350 mg
- Fat Content: 31.38 g
- Fiber Content: 1.6 g
- Protein Content: 108.27 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8.229 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2684 mg
- Sugar Content: 9.6 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.104 g
Chicken Tikka is a trendy starter dish across India. It is very quick and easy to cook. Chicken chunks are marinated with different spices, yogurt mixture, and then grilled on skewers. In this recipe, chicken is cooked on griller or skewer, so this is known as Grilled chicken tikka. Once ready season it with fresh lemon juice and chaat masala and serve it as a starter with Green coriander chutney and onion or can serve as a main course with rice or warm pita bread.
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka Recipe
- Boneless chicken, skinned and cubed - 450 gm
- Crushed fresh root ginger - 1 Tablespoon
- Crushed garlic - 1 Tablespoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Yogurt - 2/3 Cups
- Lemon juice - 4 Tablespoons
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Chicken Tikka
Step 1: In a medium bowl, add chicken pieces, ginger, garlic, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix them well.
Step 2: Stir in the yogurt, lemon juice, and coriander and leave it to marinate for 2-3 hours.
Step 3: Now, place a grill pan lined with foil and baste with the oil.
Step 4: Preheat the grill to MEDIUM and grill the chicken for 15-20 minutes until it cooked well. Turning and basting several times
Step 5: Serve Chicken Tikka on a bed of mix salad leaves, garnished with onion rings, lime wedges, and coriander leaves.
- To make the turning and basting of the chicken easier, thread the chicken pieces on to six wooden skewers before placing under the grill.