- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 2826 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 188.38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 458 mg
- Fat Content: 144.92 g
- Fiber Content: 28.7 g
- Protein Content: 193.73 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 36.532 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 4171 mg
- Sugar Content: 28.91 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.111 g
Chicken Soup With Red Lentils
Chicken lentil soup is a healthy soup of Turkish origin. It is loaded with red lentil and chicken, olive oil, garlic, etc. It is a perfect soup for the cold winter night. To make chicken lentil soup at home is quick and easy and doesn't require any extra efforts. It is invitingly topped with grated cheese and crispy croutons and best to serve hot. Learn how to make delicious chicken soup with red lentil.
Ingredients of Chicken Soup With Red Lentils Recipe
- Skinless and boneless chicken breast - 2
- Olive oil - 90 ml
- Finely chopped garlic clove - 1
- Finely chopped onion - 1
- Red bell pepper - 1
- Green chili - 1
- Red lentils - 100 gm
- Plain flour - 3 Tablespoons
- Chicken stock - 700 ml
- Fresh thyme - 1 Spring
- Bay leaf - 1
- Lemon juice - 2 Tablespoons
- Paprika - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Freshly ground pepper - 1 Teaspoon
- White bread - 4 Slices
- Grated cheese - 100 gm
How to Make Chicken Soup With Red Lentils
Step 1: Cut the chicken fillets into small cubes. Heal 40 ml of the olive oil in a saucepan, add the chicken pieces and cook until browned all over, stirring occasionally.
Step 2: Add the garlic, onion, red pepper, and chili. Stir to mix, then cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 3: Rinse the lentils under cold running water and drain well before adding to the chicken.
Step 4: Stir the flour into the cooking juices, then add the chicken stocks.
Step 5: Bring the soup to the boil, then add the herbs, lemon juice, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Step 6: Reduce the simmer. Cover and cook for 40-50 minutes, occasionally stirring until the chicken and lentils are cooked and tender.
Step 8: Check the seasoning of the soup and adjust as necessary. Remove and discard the thyme and bay leaf.
Step 9: Ladle into warmed soup bowls and serve the soup hot, sprinkled with grated cheese and the croutons.
Step 10: Serve with extra slices of fresh crusty bread.
- You can also use turkey in place of chicken, use one leek in place of the onion.
- Alternatively, the croutons can be fried in a frying pan, frequently turning, until golden brown all over.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Chicken breast – Check Price
- Olive oil – Check Price
- Garlic paste – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Red bell pepper – Check Price
- Chili – Check Price
- Red lentils – Check Price
- Chicken stock – Check Price
- Thyme leaves – Check Price
- Bay leaves – Check Price
- Lemon juice – Check Price
- White bread – Check Price
- Cheese – Check Price