- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 1543 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 61.46 g
- Cholesterol Content: 357 mg
- Fat Content: 97.19 g
- Fiber Content: 7.7 g
- Protein Content: 107.28 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 28.018 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2481 mg
- Sugar Content: 52.73 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.635 g
Chicken and Mango Salad
Chicken mango salad is a perfect recipe to try out during the mango season. The tangy taste of the mango gives a different flavor to the chicken. This salad is made with mayonnaise, chicken, mango, mustard powder, cream, white wine, etc. All the ingredients used to make this salad gives their rich taste to the dish. You can make it with fresh chicken or can use your leftover chicken too.
Chicken mango salad is a perfect way of turning leftover chicken into a delicious light meal. Here in this recipe, I have used leftover chicken breast to make the salad so that the dish will be ready in just 25 minutes. You can enjoy this salad stand alone or can serve with the main course meal too. So, don’t wait for more, try out this tempting chicken mango salad recipe today!
Ingredients of Chicken and Mango Salad Recipe
- Chopped fresh chives - 2 Tablespoons
- Dry white wine - 4 Tablespoons
- Mayonnaise - 7 Tablespoons
- Soured cream - 7 Tablespoons
- Powdered mustard - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Mango - 1
- Cooked skinless and boneless chicken breast - 450 Gm
- Chopped fresh chives to garnish - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Chicken and Mango Salad
Step 1: Place the chives and wine in a small pan and simmer, uncovered for about 5 minutes until reduced to only 15-30 ml.
Step 2: Pour thoroughly in a fine sieve, pushing the chives to extract as much of their essence as possible. Set aside.
Step 3: In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the soured cream, mustard, and about 15 ml of the chive essence.
Step 4: Do not let the dressing become too thin, particularly if the dish is being made in advance.
Step 5: Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper if necessary.
Step 6: Peel, stone, and slice the mango. Cut the cold chicken into slices of approximately the same size as the mango.
Step 7: Place the mango and cold chicken in a shallow dish, pour over the dressing and toss lightly so that all the pieces are coated. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped chives.
Step 8: Serve with thick slices of fresh crusty bread.
- Use avocado pear in place of mango.
- Use cooked turkey or pork in place of chicken.
- Use parsley in place of chives.
- If making this salad in advance, do not coat with the dressing until ready to serve.