- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 13595 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 637.54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 1288 mg
- Fat Content: 792.9 g
- Fiber Content: 79.4 g
- Protein Content: 997.66 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 122.672 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 31847 mg
- Sugar Content: 64.46 g
- Trans Fat Content: 179.362 g
Cheesy Rice Balls
Cheesy Rice Balls recipe is Italian cuisine. It's served with Italian dinner as a side dish. It can be thrown very simple, yet a delicious snack, appetizer or finger food that you can make very quickly. These hand-held cheesy balls are super fun to eat. These rice balls have a cheesy surprise with mozzarella cheese at the center that melts in your mouth. Here is the recipe for the delicious and mouth-melting cheesy rice balls. Enjoy it with marinara or any other dipping sauce!
Ingredients of Cheesy Rice Balls Recipe
- Olive oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Unsalted butter - 2 Tablespoons
- Medium-sized finely diced onion - 1
- Finely diced ham - 1 Cup
- Medium grain rice (Jasmine rice, un-rinsed) - 2 Cups
- Dry white wine (Chardonnay) - 1 Cup
- Hot chicken broth - 5 Cups
- Sea-salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Frozen peas, thawed - 1 Cup
- Finely chopped fresh Italian parsley - 1/3 Cup
- Shredded parmesan cheese - 1 Cup
- Mozzarella cheese, cut into 24 cubes - 1/2 Cup
- For Breading
- All-purpose flour - 1 Cup
- Large beaten eggs - 3
- Dry Italian bread crumbs - 1 ½ Cups
- Oil for frying - 3 Cups
How to Make Cheesy Rice Balls
Step 1: In a heavy bottom pot with tight-fitting lid, add olive oil and butter and heat over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Once hot, stir in diced onion and sauté it for about 4-5 minutes or until soft and golden.
Step 2: Add finely diced ham and cook for another 2 minutes or until meat is golden.
Step 3: Then add rice to it and stir until coated well with oil.
Step 4: Pour 1 cup white wine and cook until most of it has evaporated. It will take about 2 minutes.
Step 5: Then add 5 cups of hot chicken broth and salt as per taste then cover and cook until the rice has absorbed liquid. It will take about 15 minutes.
Step 6: Now, stir in the peas in, then cover it with lid and finish the cooking until rice is soft and liquid mostly absorbed.
Step 7: Spread this rice mixture onto a large rimmed baking dish to cool. Once this mixture is cooled, stir in finely chopped parsley and parmesan cheese. Mix them well.
Step 8: Using heaping ice-cream scoop, form rice balls. Stuff each with a cube of mozzarella cheese and form a tight ball with the rice mixture to enclose the cheese.
Step 9: When rice balls are ready to dredge each ball in flour, shaking off the excess, then dip one-by-one in beaten egg allowing excess egg to drip back into the bowl.
Step 10: Finally, roll the balls in breadcrumbs and coat the balls evenly.
Step 11: Add oil to the skillet and heat it over MEDIUM heat. Once hot, add prepared rice balls and fry them until all sides are golden brown. Drain them on a plate lined with paper
Step 12: Serve warm with marinara or ranch and enjoy them.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Olive oil – Check Price
- Butter – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Ham – Check Price
- Jasmine rice – Check Price
- White wine chardonnay – Check Price
- Chicken broth – Check Price
- Sea salt – Check Price
- Green peas – Check Price
- Parsley – Check Price
- Parmesan cheese – Check Price
- Mozzarella cheese – Check Price
- All purpose flour – Check Price
- Eggs – Check Price
- Breadcrumbs – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price