- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1h 15 min
- Serving: 10 People
- Calories: 3559 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 375.82 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2905 mg
- Fat Content: 205.28 g
- Fiber Content: 10.4 g
- Protein Content: 62.08 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 113.604 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 5496 mg
- Sugar Content: 211.15 g
- Trans Fat Content: 6.557 g
Cheery And Almond Cake
Cheery And Almond Cake is a simple, light and moist cake recipe. A perfect cheery and almond cake for the Christmas celebration. Cherry and almond taste best together. This cake is perfect with morning or afternoon tea. A juicy cherry adds excellent taste to the cake, and the cake becomes moist and full of flavor. Here is the easy recipe to make the Moist Cherry And Almond Cake at home.
Ingredients of Cheery And Almond Cake Recipe
- Maida (all-purpose flour) - 200 gm
- Butter - 200 gm
- Eggs - 4
- Baking Soda - 1 Tablespoon
- Castor sugar - 180 gm
- Orange juice - 2 Tablespoons
- Almond essence - ½ Tablespoon
- Glace cherries - 1 Cup
- For Decoration
- Icing sugar - 100 gm
- Flaked almonds - 3 Tablespoons
- Fresh cherries - 10
How to Make Cheery And Almond Cake
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 180°C at convection. Grease a cake dish with butter and keep aside.
Step 2: Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy and light.
Step 3: Stir flour and baking powder together and beat the eggs.
Step 4: Now add the beaten egg and flour to the sugar-butter mixture, also add the orange juice.
Step 5: Mix evenly till it becomes thick and creamy. Toss the glace cherries in the extra one tablespoon flour and fold into the batter. All add almond essence to it.
Step 6: Spoon into the prepared cake dish and bake at 180°C for 40 minutes. When ready, leave to cook for 10 minutes and then remove on to a cooling rack.
- Mix icing sugar with one tablespoon of water.
- Spread the flaked almonds and decorate with fresh cherries over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle the icing sugar over the cake to decorate.