- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 3 People
- Calories: 2390 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 404.38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 71.99 g
- Fiber Content: 53.2 g
- Protein Content: 49.06 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11.383 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 1412 mg
- Sugar Content: 34.82 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.363 g
Bhungra Bateta is a delicious and spicy kathiyawadi recipe. This flavourful street food dish is easy to make, and you enjoy it a lot. To make this dish you required potatoes, green chilies, tomato, onion, and other Indian spices. Potatoes and Long yellow fryums are the main two ingredients of this recipe.
In this recipe, boiled potatoes are cooked with spicy garlic paste and served with fryums. You can enjoy this dish in your breakfast, evening snacks, or anytime you want to enjoy some delicious spicy snacks. Here I am sharing a quick and easy recipe to make kathiyawadi style Bhungra Bateta at home.
Ingredients of Bhungara Bateta Recipe
- Small potatoes - 12
- Long yellow fryums (Bhungra) - 100 gm
- Garlic colves - 12
- Finely chopped onion - 1
- Chopped garlic - 1 Teaspoon
- Dry red chilies - 3
- Finely chopped tomato - 1
- Coriander powder - 2 Teaspoons
- Cumin seeds - 1 Teaspoon
- Red chili powder - ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 Teaspoon
- Chaat masala - ½ Teaspoon
- Garam masala - ½ Teaspoon
- Salt - ½ Teaspoon
- Oil - 5 Tablespoons
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishins - 1 Tablespoon
How to Make Bhungara Bateta
Step 1: Soak the whole red chilies in hot water for 10 minutes.
Step 2: Wash and boil the potatoes, add some salt to it while boiling.
Step 3: In a mixer jar, add chopped ginger, garlic cloves, soaked red chilies, tomato, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt and crush it well. Add some water if required.
Step 4: Now in a pan, heat one tablespoon and fry the boiled potatoes in LOW flames for 2-5 minutes and put it aside.
Step 5: Now in a deep-frying pan, heat four tablespoons oil and shallow fry the onions.
Step 6: Then add previously made tomato-garlic paste to it, and once the oil starts separating into the pan, add red chili powder, fry potatoes and mix them well. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes. Add some water if required.
Step 7: Once it’s done, remove it from the pan and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
Step 8: In another frying pan, add 2 cups of oil and fry the Long yellow fryums (Bhungra) and put it on the absorbent paper to remove the excessive oil.
Step 9: Serve immediately with fried pipe fryums.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Fryums – Check Price
- Potatoes – Check Price
- Garlic – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Oil – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Dry red chilies – Check Price
- Tomatoes – Check Price
- Coriander powder – Check Price
- Cumin seeds – Check Price
- Red chili powder – Check Price
- Turmeric powder – Check Price
- Chaat masala – Check Price
- Garam masala – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price