- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 6 People
- Calories: 8885 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 243.02 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0 mg
- Fat Content: 877.7 g
- Fiber Content: 11.5 g
- Protein Content: 33.96 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 137.279 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2566 mg
- Sugar Content: 1.49 g
- Trans Fat Content: 4.648 g
Besan Sev is a popular deep fried savoury, crispy snack which is made for Diwali. This snack is made with besan (gram flour), vegetable oil and carom seeds. This Gujarati snack is quick and easy to make at home. Besan Sev is crunchy, crisp snack that can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks. Learn how to make crispy and spicy besan sev.
Ingredients of Besan Sev Recipe
- Gram flour (besan) - 2 ½ Cups
- Vegetable oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Carom seeds (ajwain) - 1 Teaspoon
- A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- Red chili powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Water as required
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
How to Make Besan Sev
Step 1: Mix the oil into the flour and rub until it becomes crumbly.
Step 2: Add all the other ingredients (except water and oil); mix well. Knead with enough water to make a stiff dough.
Step 3: heat the oil in a wok; meanwhile grease the insides of a sev-making device (or use a noodle maker with a fine mesh to make thinner sev).
Step 4: Fill the top container of the device with the dough. Press the dough down through the mesh directly into the hot oil.
Step 5: Separate the sev in the oil with a fork to prevent sticking. Fry over a LOW flame until crisp and pale yellow. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on absorbent kitchen towels.
Step 6: Allow cooling then store in airtight jars.
- Add 1/3 rice flour instead of gram flour for even crisper sev.