- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 2 People
- Calories: 887 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 88.67 g
- Cholesterol Content: 132 mg
- Fat Content: 35.99 g
- Fiber Content: 6.1 g
- Protein Content: 50.27 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8.646 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2468 mg
- Sugar Content: 1.89 g
- Trans Fat Content: 0.24 g
Mint or pudina rice is a popular mint flavored rice dish, especially in south India. This rice dish gives you a feel of refreshment and also full of the flavor of spices. It is simple, easy and quick to make. The flavor of mint enhances the taste of rice. Pudina rice is prepared with basmati rice and spices which will be your best healthy meal option for lunch or dinner. Pudina rice is served with onion raita. This dish is the best option to give it in kid's lunch box. Prepare this flavorful dish for lunch or dinner or anytime you want by following this step by step recipe guide.
Ingredients of Pudina Rice Recipe
- Basmati rice - ½ Cup
- Mint leaves - ½ Cup
- Finely chopped coriander leaves - ½ Cup
- Lemon juice - ½ Teaspoon
- Finely chopped ginger - ¼ Teaspoon
- Garlic cloves - 3
- Fresh grated coconut - 2 Tablespoons
- Green cardamom - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 1
- Bay leaf - 1
- Finely chopped green chilli - 1
- Sliced onion - 1
- Water - 2 Cups
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Ghee or oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Fresh mint leaves - 1 Tablespoon
- Roasted cashew nuts - 1 Tablespon
How to Make Pudina Rice
Step 1: First, wash rice 2 to 3 times and soak them in 1 cup of water for about 15-20 minutes.
Step 2: When the rice is soaked, add them in a pan along with soaked water and cover it with lid and boil on MEDIUM flame.
Step 3: When the water starts boiling reduce the flame and cook it for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Now, add mint leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, and grated coconut to the mixture blender and blend it to smooth paste.
Step 5: Now, turn off the flame and remove the lid from the pan then transfer rice to another plate and let it cool.
Step 6: Now in another pan, heat oil in and add bay leaf, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick and sauté it and let it fragrant.
Step 7: Now, add chopped green chili and sliced onion and sauté it until light brown.
Step 8: Then add mint paste to it and mix well then again sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
Step 9: Now, add cooked rice and salt and mix it gently.
Step 10: After 2-3 minutes switch off the flame and transfer it to the serving bowl.
Step 11: Garnish it with roasted cashew nuts and fresh mint leaves.
Step 12: Enjoy, this pudina rice with any raita.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Mint leaves – Check Price
- Basmati rice – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Coriander leaves – Check Price
- Lemon juice – Check Price
- Garlic – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Ginger – Check Price
- Ghee – Check Price
- Green cardamom – Check Price
- Cloves – Check Price
- Shredded coconut – Check Price
- Cinnamon sticks – Check Price
- Bay leaves – Check Price
- Green chilies – Check Price
- Cashew nuts – Check Price