- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 People
- Calories: 1432 kcal
- Carbohydrate Content: 73.11 g
- Cholesterol Content: 310 mg
- Fat Content: 72.76 g
- Fiber Content: 9.3 g
- Protein Content: 118.89 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 33.642 g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 2914 mg
- Sugar Content: 23.3 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1.402 g
Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
Homemade Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup, this is the best version of making broccoli soup, unlike the basic broccoli soup. A perfect bowl of soup for the winters.
Before trying this soup recipe, I have done a lot of research and reading about the broccoli. As it’s important that not to cook broccoli for longer time otherwise it loses its color, nutrition, and taste. With broccoli, I have used some more veggies which are cooked along with the chicken broth.
For the extra flavors, onion, garlic, garlic powder, nutmeg powder, cayenne pepper, and dried basil are used. These flavors go well with broccoli.
To make a thick soup, all-purpose flour is added here. But you can use whole wheat flour instead. I have made a few different recipes and will be sharing them here one by one.
Ingredients of Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Broccoli florets - 2 Cups
- Chicken broth - 2 Cups
- Sharp cheddar cheese - ½ Cup
- Regular gouda cheese - 1 Cup
- Fresh carrots - 1 Cup
- White onion - 2
- Garlic cloves - 2
- Half and half - 1 Cup
- All-purpose flour - 3 Tablespoons
- Butter - 3 Tablespoons
- Bay leaf - 1
- Garlic powder - ¼ Teaspoon
- Ground nutmug - ⅛ Teaspoon
- Dried basil - ⅛ Teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper - ⅛ Teaspoon
- Salt - ⅛ Teaspoon
- Ground black pepper - 1 Teaspoon
How to Make Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
Step 1: Dice the onions, minced the garlic, and shred the carrot.
Step 2: Now, for the broccoli chop ⅔ of into tiny florets and then take the remaining ⅓ and give it a rough chop, so you have a few large pieces to add to the soup.
Step 3: Then place chicken broth, broccoli, onion, garlic, carrots, and bay leaf to a pot and cook over MEDIUM-HIGH heat for about 10 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Cook it 5-6 minutes more so that broccoli gets tender.
Step 4: Now in a large pot, melt butter over medium heat, whisking constantly.
Step 5: Once melted, slowly add three tablespoons of flour as you continue to whisk. Remove from the heat and pour in the broth-veggie mixture and gradually stir in 1 cup of room temperature half and half.
Step 6: Place on very LOW heat, uncovered and remove bay leaves from the pot and season with the above herbs and spices.
Step 7: Add cheddar and Gouda cheese a handful at a time, stirring to melt the cheese after each addition.
Step 8: Serve immediately and garnish it with reserved & oven steamed broccoli florets and grated cheddar cheese.
Check Price for Ingredients
- Broccoli Florets – Check Price
- Chicken broth – Check Price
- Sharp cheddar cheese – Check Price
- Gouda cheese – Check Price
- Carrots – Check Price
- Onion – Check Price
- Half and half – Check Price
- All purpose flour – Check Price
- Butter – Check Price
- Bay leaves – Check Price
- Garlic powder – Check Price
- Nutmeg powder – Check Price
- Cayenne pepper – Check Price
- Salt – Check Price
- Black pepper powder – Check Price
- Dry basil leaves – Check Price